PDA

View Full Version : Source for new drive belt

wentbackward
22-Jul-2012, 05:43
Hello!

I'm trying to find a new drive belt for a Paterson Auto ColourTherm that I use for processing film. The drive belt stretched and I kind of shelved my 4x5 for a while. I'm now trying to get things going again. It's just a basic drive belt, but I need someone who can handle mail order and ship to Hong Kong. I've tried RS but seems they do not have drive belts like this.

Attached is a picture with the specs.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Paul

John Kasaian
22-Jul-2012, 06:29
Have you tired nylon panty hose? In emergencies, It'll work on air-cooled VW engines.

Jody_S
22-Jul-2012, 06:51
Any belt can be custom made by the right industrial/millwright supply house. I've had a number of odd belts made by a shop here in Montreal (for machine tools), you just need to find the local supplier and bring them your belt. Expect to pay the equivalent of $10-30 USD.

John Koehrer
22-Jul-2012, 15:56
googly is your friend. sdp-si.com

wentbackward
23-Jul-2012, 03:46
Hi John, I did find those guys but they have a very limited choice of thin drive belts, seems the world has gone completely towards these toothed belts. I might be able to change the pulleys. Will have to get over to the studio once the typhoon here subsides.

Marc B.
23-Jul-2012, 14:34
Could 'McMaster-Carr' possibly have what you need?
They probably do...but shipping to HK is the unknown.
Also, could a large/heavy 'o-ring seal' work as a substitute for your belt?
O-rings for industrial hydraulic rams may be a source; ie...dump trucks, back hoes, etc...
Just a few thoughts.

Marc

http://www.mcmaster.com/#v-belts/=ijag19

John Koehrer
28-Jul-2012, 11:22
Or projector recorder belt corp(?)