PDA

View Full Version : LF in Yorkshire area

coops
9-Jul-2012, 19:25
We are going for about three weeks in Sept., flying into Manchester from Orlando. Originally I was going to take my 5D only, but we are staying in only two locations, 10 days on a farm in Longsleddale and 10 days in Robin Hood Bay. With fairly little driving between locations I figured I would take the 4x5 and 2-3 boxes of b&w film and was hoping for some suggestions from those of you who live close by or have visited. Also I figure the film will only be x-rayed twice and should be okay.

Cheers

Pete Watkins
9-Jul-2012, 22:38
North Yorkshire is a great place to take pictures. Whitby is wonderful and if you want to see some pictures by the master look up the work of Frank Meadow Sutcliff. There is a gallery selling his work in Whitby. If you like steam the North Yorkshire Moors Railway is worth a visit. Great area for fish 'n' chips as well. The Yorkshire Tourist Board has a website worth visiting.
Enjoy your trip, I envy you,
Pete.

dave_whatever
10-Jul-2012, 00:42
On the coast north of robin hoods bay you should check out ravenscar, whitby, saltwick bay, sandsend, runswick bay, staithes etc. Its all good.

IanG
10-Jul-2012, 01:05
If your lucky the rain may have stopped by September :D

As Pete & Dave have said it's a great area, there's one or two members of this forum who live there who might chip in. Plenty to photograph in both locations without travelling very far.

Ian

timparkin
10-Jul-2012, 03:29
If your lucky the rain may have stopped by September :D

As Pete & Dave have said it's a great area, there's one or two members of this forum who live there who might chip in. Plenty to photograph in both locations without travelling very far.

Ian

Hi Lance,

I live in Leeds and photograph in both of those locations and would be more than happy to recommend places or come out and show you them if you like?

You can contact me on info at timparkin dot co dot uk and let me know the sorts of locations you are after, how far you want to walk, if you've been anywhere before etc.. I'll report back on the forum with a few locations once we've had a chat.

Tim

welly
10-Jul-2012, 03:40
I'm from Harrogate in North Yorkshire. Can I recommend in and around:

* Pateley Bridge
* Grassington
* Kettlewell
* How Stean Gorge
* Brimham Rocks

and definitely Whitby. If you want more information on some of these places, I'd be more than happy to help out!

Welly

coops
10-Jul-2012, 05:46
Great area for fish 'n' chips as well.

Now you are talking

coops
10-Jul-2012, 05:49
Hi Lance,

I live in Leeds and photograph in both of those locations and would be more than happy to recommend places or come out and show you them if you like?

You can contact me on info at timparkin dot co dot uk and let me know the sorts of locations you are after, how far you want to walk, if you've been anywhere before etc.. I'll report back on the forum with a few locations once we've had a chat.

Tim

Very kind Tim, will get back with you on that. I plan on checking out your website when work slows down today. Cheers

coops
10-Jul-2012, 05:50
Thanks for the responses. Will start drawing up a map.