PDA

View Full Version : Fire

rpalm
6-Jul-2012, 23:02
http://palm.bz/4x5/schneider-210/wfire.jpg

Brush Fire
4x5, schneider 210, neopan 100

I came across an out of control brush fire. I hustled down to where the helicopter was coming up over the ridge right behind the police vehicles and just after I was setup they DEMANDED that I leave. I snapped the shutter & packed up. I missed the helicopter water drop by 20 seconds.

Steve Smith
7-Jul-2012, 01:40
[CENTER]they DEMANDED that I leave.

And you left?!!

Steve.

Marc B.
7-Jul-2012, 02:57
Sadly, here in the USA this year, I fear there will be many more (too many), photo opportunities like this one.
One news broadcast stated that in July alone, there were over 1000 cities reporting decades long high temperature records being shattered. Hot, dry...with over 50% of the country reporting varying degrees of drought conditions.

Marc

rpalm
7-Jul-2012, 09:49
Yes, they were serious.
They told another photographer "We can hold you for 24hrs."

r

And you left?!!

Steve.

Allen in Montreal
7-Jul-2012, 14:28

Brush Fire

....... the police vehicles and just after I was setup they DEMANDED that I leave........

Very nice frame!

I hate it when cops are just being jerks with photographers,
but they were right this time and "demanded" for your own good, they could easily be the ones having to search for you, body bag in hand, if you stayed too long.
I have shot a few of of these types of fires and they move at speeds that can be shockingly fast.

This way will get to see many nice images from you in the near future! :)

azdustdevil
7-Jul-2012, 14:34
Yeah, I love in Arizona, and these things don't just burn, they explode. The cop knew what he was talking about, unfortunately.

BrianShaw
7-Jul-2012, 14:36
... but they were right this time and "demanded" for your own good, ...

I hate to agree because its a really nice shot and would have been much nicer with the helop water drop, but I have to agree.

Were't the cops even mildly interested in the LF equipment, or did they mistake it for a Hasselblad? :eek:

Bill Burk
7-Jul-2012, 15:01
Love the shot. Look at the direction their cars are pointed... They were thinking of their own safety as well...

Ian David
7-Jul-2012, 16:32
Terrific shot!

rpalm
8-Jul-2012, 10:06
Thanks Guys,
I wanted to get the helicopter but now I'm thinking it might not have made it better. I shot at 1/125th I'm wondering if the blades would have "smeared". I've shot helicopters before (digital) and when the blades are stopped it looks bad. Several years ago we had to evacuate because of fire it was a bad deal. We were lucky we didn't lose the house. Fire moves fast. The police didn't care what I was using or what I was doing they wanted me out of there and I totally understand. They all moved right after I did.

r