PDA

View Full Version : DE Vere 504 enlarger chassis question

info@foto-art.nl
4-Jul-2012, 00:58
Hi,
I am building up a de vere 507 (504 chassis) and have a question about the chain in the base that is used to change the heads position.

I find that the chain is quite loose, so when rotating the wheel it comes of the sprocket quite easily. (see pics)
At the top there is a plastic thing that can be used to adjust the chain but even in the most left position the chain is to loose.

So i must have done something wrong here.
Does anybody know if the chain is running wrong over the sprocket and plastics wheels???

thanks.

Willie Jan.

IanG
4-Jul-2012, 01:28
I think you'll find that's normal when it's not fully assembled. The chains are supposed to be locked in place and unable to rotate when the enlarger is disaasembled.

I have a service manual in storage I'll try and find it in the next couple of evenings if you're stuck, I've got to find some other things anyway.

Ian

info@foto-art.nl
4-Jul-2012, 05:24
Ian,

The cap that is over the chain has a moveable item to push the chain, but when attached it looks like it is still to loose..
I have a user manual that says you never will have to do something about this... So i guessed am I doing saomething wrong here?

Thanks for your help.

Willie Jan.