PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 Master Technika and Tele-Xenar 500/5,5

Awsiya
7-Feb-2004, 12:36
Hello. Has any of you tried this combo? Is it possible? I guess the shutter is a compoud V, and I am not sure it would fit a Linhof lensboard. Also there is the weight problerm?

Thanks for your help. Awsiya.

domenico Foschi
7-Feb-2004, 16:09
MMhm. hi , i have such a lens i would be surprised if it would fit in a Linhof lensboard, it is huge. For sure won't fit on my Speed graphic 4 x 5 What about bellow draw? I use it on my d 2 and for head and shoulders portrait i have to use the extension rail . Good luck.

Paul Schilliger
7-Feb-2004, 16:14
The 500 Tele-Xenar on Compound is too big to be fitted on a regular Linhof lensboard, I'm afraid. It suits the larger 5x7 lensboards. It weighs 1,7 Kg!

Ole Tjugen
8-Feb-2004, 08:35
A Compound V shutter is a tight fit on the big lensboard for my 5x7" Technika III. Nothing larger than a Compound III can be mounted on the "regular" Technika lensboards.

J.L. Kennedy
9-Feb-2004, 22:17
I had a Tele-Xenar 360/5.5 in a #3 shutter mounted on a Linhof board by having a spacer machined to go between the lens and the board. It held the shutter out about 1/4 or maybe 3/8 inch from the board, which kept it from interfering with the front standard of the Linhof. This was years ago but I'm sure any of those photographer's machinists that advertise in View Camera could do it. After I traded the Linhof in for a Canham DLC45 I didn't need the spacer anymore. In fact, now that I think about it, I might still have it and the board in a baggy somewhere and there's a chance it would fit your lens if they have the same diameter opening. E-mail me offline if you are interested and I will look for it. Maybe we can work out a deal. Regarding the weight problem, this setup will be heavy, but the Linhof will generally be able to handle the weight. On my Technika IV you could use a tripod hole in the middle of the drop bed that made the whole setup more balanced when the bellows were extended far out.

Ole Tjugen
10-Feb-2004, 00:03
The Tele-Xenar 360/5.5 can be mounted on a regular board without spacer. It's a tight fit, but it works. But anything bigger than a #3 Compound is a no-go.

Paul Schilliger
10-Feb-2004, 00:27
I confirm that the 360 can be mounted "straight". The 500/5,5 rear element is simply wider than the Master's front hole. Even if it fitted tightly, some room is needed to mount the board to the camera. A Nikkor T500 or a FujinonC 450 with Wista extension tube (my choice) are valid options for the Technika, if the luminosity and shallow DOF of the Tele-Xenar are not indispensable.