PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Photoshelter for web hosting?

Scott Davis
29-Jun-2012, 05:32
I'm looking at switching my web hosting to Photoshelter - anyone have any feedback on them as a service, good, bad or indifferent?

darr
29-Jun-2012, 06:04
I used them for two years when I was in the last years of my commercial portrait/special event work. It made it easy for consumers to purchase prints directly on line and then have my lab of choice print them and mail them directly to clients. For what I am doing now (limited work/fine art/teaching), I decided I did not need all the services Photoshelter offers, so I went back to my old web software (ImageFolio) and updated the site. If you want their shopping cart system for commercial prints and web marketing, I guess it would be good.

Here is my site today; it does have a shopping cart, but no aggressive marketing : http://photoscapes.com

Greg Miller
29-Jun-2012, 06:59
I don't use PhotoShelter for web hosting, but I do use it as way to provide hi-res images to clients. I create private folders for each client, and upload assignment photos to the appropriate folder. The clients find it pretty user friendly, and I get favorable remarks from them about ease of use. They can browse online and download select hi-res files. Much friendlier than a FTP site.

rcdurston
28-Jul-2012, 16:11
Same as Greg, I use it as a delivery method, it works great. I can set up individual users through their emails and track and control their downloads.

cosmicexplosion
29-Jul-2012, 03:42
Same as Greg, I use it as a delivery method, it works great. I can set up individual users through their emails and track and control their downloads.

Cool site. Nice work.

rcdurston
29-Jul-2012, 15:57
Cool site. Nice work.

Thanks Andrew