PDA

View Full Version : A deluxe/wider/larger histogram in photoshop cs 3+?

l2oBiN
19-Jun-2012, 15:56
I would love to have a wider histogram in photoshop to be able to examine more subtleties in tones. Is there any way of getting a larger/wider histogram?

Tyler Boley
21-Jun-2012, 14:15
George deWolfe used to have one as a plugin... 16 bit I think.. you might google him and see if he still has it on his site.
Tyler

Preston
21-Jun-2012, 15:52
I am using CS5, so don't know if CS3 is the same...

-Open an image
-Show the Histogram Panel
-Click the little down-arrow on the right side of the panel
-Select 'All Channels View' and 'Show Channels in Color'

If it works, you'll get a larger composite histogram and three other histograms, one for each of the RGB channels.

--P

Daniel Moore
22-Jun-2012, 01:49
Tyler is referring to a once free plugin by Reindeer Graphics called Wide Histogram. It's now only part of their Optipix software which appears to have stopped being developed quite some years ago. The free plugin can be found on the net but may only work in 32 bit versions if at all. I only have 64 bit CS5 on hand and it doesn't work with it.

buggz
26-Jun-2012, 13:35
Found this, as I too remember the free Reindeer Graphics Wide Histogram, which seems no more.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=65931.0
It mentions 3 utilities:
ImageJ - haven't tried this before, looks very powerful
Histogrammer - I have used this in the past, but it now seems you have to set your system date back to use it - has not been updated
rawdigger -haven't tried this before, looks nice