PDA

View Full Version : help locating rear extension rails for Kodak 8x10

Thom
31-Jan-2004, 23:33
I recently purchased a Kodak 2D 8x10 camera with a Turner-Reich convertible lens. This is my first 8x10 camera. The camera lacks a rear extension rail and I can't seem to find one for sale anywhere (lens and repro, Ebay, shuart, etc.). Does anyone know if a source for rear extension rails? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks, Thom

Ernest Purdum
1-Feb-2004, 06:33
Thom, I've got a couple of extension rails for large cameras, but have no idea what cameras they might fit. Very likely, there are others out there in the same situation. If you can provide some dimension and other details of your basic track, I'll see if they match. If the ones I have don't maybe someone else's will. Among significant factors are: How many attaching screws? How many grooves along the sides? Are the racks cut straight or angle?

A word of caution. When you find a rail, it will probably need a little adjusting for the teeth of the racks on the extension to correctly match those of the basic rail. Don't try to force the standard across the joint.