PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Color

Sergio Caetano
30-Jan-2004, 19:21
I have a Linhof Color, basically a Technika IV mounted on a monorail. When I raise the front std there are two locations it doesn't stop, it falls some milimiters. As this camera doesn't have a lock system for that purpose (as has my BJ Orbit) I suppose it works by gearing pressure. Does anybody know if there is something I can do to fix it ? Tks.

andy bettles
31-Jan-2004, 01:27
Sergio, It sounds like the nylon rise racks are worn on your front standard,It's a pretty straightforward replacement if you can get the parts,either Marflex or Linhof in the U.K.I don't know where you are?. Basically if you have the nous to dismantle the front standard (top section) this is easy,if you dont then don't attempt and give this over to someone who does.(Bill Orford/U.K) Do not be frightened of this procedure,it is not brain surgery, it is just a question of getting the parts and being a little anal over dismantling and putting back together. Basic engineering is the name of the game. So,ring around ,get the 2 nylon rise racks,take the front standard off,strip it down .... involving taking the rise and fall control(2 screws)off,take side vinyl off,4 screws either side,direct replacement of racks,reverse procedure to put back together. While you are there give the standard a good clean and lube.It sounds like it needs it! Andy.

Sergio Caetano
31-Jan-2004, 10:21
Andy

Thanks a lot. I'll follow your orientation.

Jakob Krieger
8-Feb-2004, 16:28
Linhof is still existing, here in Munich. Just type in "www.telefonbuch.de" and there "Linhof" and "Muenchen" or use Google. They are very helpful (I have an old Linhof Camera, too), it seems they love everyone who loves their cameras. Mail them, I think they will help you.

Eugene Fishman
10-Nov-2004, 11:56
Hello,

NO NO NO, Your rails and gears are fine ! There are 2 small screws on the front. Around lens board. They are the ones that control resistance. NO Problem ! I had same problem before and called Linhof (Marflex). They never mentioned it to me and I had found them myself. 1minute job. They told me to change the racks ! Which, they told me no longer manufactured. They told me to "bug off", they dont have parts any more. Shame on them ! US Linhof representative is BAD ! Toyo people on the other hand are very accomodating and human.

Eugene

fidibiri
22-May-2011, 10:03
Just bougth a Linhof Color with the same problem so I tought the pressure screws on the front standards under the leatherette cover and with the heads covered with resin, I tried to do something with them and only got a repair to do (silly me). After thet I found this thread and finally found the two screws you're talking about: They are only visible after rising the front one inch or so, are on the front below the lensboard clips on the lower part.