PDA

View Full Version : im a nooby

sayvor
6-Jun-2012, 19:19
hi, im glad this site is around!!!
i am new to cameras and photography but always had a great eye.
I am a jewelry designer and want to expand my horizons.

I have been collecting cameras for a while.
Linhof technika 70
grafflex
universal juwel 275-11

I want to learn how to use these.
any help is greatly appreciated

Brian C. Miller
7-Jun-2012, 08:42
Welcome, Sayvor! I myself have a Graflex Super Graphic. Check out the home page, as there are lots of good articles. We have answers for all kinds of questions, but finding a match between question and answer might be a challenge. ;)

Do you have an enlarger? Or are you going to be scanning and doing inkjet printing?

Tim Meisburger
7-Jun-2012, 10:17
Welcome to the forum! Buy some 4x5 film holders and some film, and a lens if you don't have one. Buy a changing bag or find a dark closet to change and develop film in. Buy a bottle of Rodinal (you can use that to develop both negatives and prints) and some fixer, and three trays or a daylight tank, and some paper, and you are ready to go. With that you can make contact prints, and from there you can expand infinitely...

Cheers, Tim

Bob Salomon
7-Jun-2012, 11:52
Just let me know if you have any questions about your Technika 70.

sayvor
10-Jun-2012, 19:16

sayvor
10-Jun-2012, 19:18
Welcome, Sayvor! I myself have a Graflex Super Graphic. Check out the home page, as there are lots of good articles. We have answers for all kinds of questions, but finding a match between question and answer might be a challenge. ;)

Do you have an enlarger? Or are you going to be scanning and doing inkjet printing?

Thank you Brian,
i have nothing other than the loaders... i guess youtube will show me how to load the film.

sayvor
10-Jun-2012, 19:19
thank you guys!!!

sayvor
10-Jun-2012, 19:20

Thank you Bob,

Eric

sayvor
4-Jul-2012, 13:55
I actually found an enlarger. I just moved into a new house and a new neighbor who is moving away from the street was throwing one away. He said it was his girlfriends and they do not need it any longer.. In addition is.a a lot of darkroom and developing chemicals and trays... a timer and lights.. black and red... looking forward to learning how to set it up and use it. I put it in my garage as we were just leaving for a vacation. I will see what kind it is and share the info asap. Luckily I have space for a dark room in my studio.
cheers happy 4th :-)

Wojtekred
4-Jul-2012, 14:11
Lucky You :P
I'm still working on my LF enlarger with LED head.
So much to do,so little time...

Jay DeFehr
4-Jul-2012, 14:13
You are in for a real treat! Welcome, and enjoy!