PDA

View Full Version : Storing the big stuff

John Kasaian
4-Jun-2012, 09:17
Any suggestions on how to store, protect and keep dust free really big stuff in between printing sessions? Since my dark room is actually a bath room I have to store my junk in a storage room where it collects dust and usually ends up as a foundation for other junk. What I'm talking about is:
Dahle paper cutter
Rotatrim paper cutter
Seal dry mount press
Mat cutter
These are things too big to fit into available drawers or my plastic storage boxes.

Nathan Potter
4-Jun-2012, 14:34
My excess bulky items are stored in plastic trash bags in a dirty workroom - some big things in the garage.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Jim Fitzgerald
4-Jun-2012, 14:42
John, I too am space challenged. I set up some folding tables and put black sheets over them so I can use top and bottom for storage. Underneath one can not see the mess. On top I cover everything with another black sheet. I need a bigger place!!!

Brian Ellis
4-Jun-2012, 19:25
I put those kinds of things in black garbage bags and keep them in the garage.

rdenney
5-Jun-2012, 05:52
If you go to Home Depot and get the "Contractor" plastic trash bags, they many times thicker than regular trash bags and unlike regular trash bags they are quite durable. They arre also large. They work well as dust covers, but they have to be out of view of any aesthetic authorities on the premises.

Rick "who needs to make dust covers for his Epson printer and his scanners" Denney

John Kasaian
5-Jun-2012, 06:44
I put those kinds of things in black garbage bags and keep them in the garage.
In the garage? LOL!
Thats what I've got to tackle after I clean out the storage room!

ROL
5-Jun-2012, 08:32
I "store" these items out in the open, but they are covered with heavy sewn naugahyde type covers to protect from dust, etc. when not in use. In case PETA is here: the hydes are from faux naugas, not actual ones.

Mounting Press, Framing Square, Roll Cutter (kayaks)
http://www.rangeoflightphotography.com/SupportPics/Ben%20Large%20Format/NaugahydeCovers.jpg

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
5-Jun-2012, 09:43
I struggle with this too. I have space under my flat file where my mat cutter, rotary trimmer, and a large die cutter can be stored, but getting them out can be painful, and when they are out I have to use them on the floor and then temporarily store them on top of my UV printer, but they have to go back when I make prints... Musical chairs!