PDA

View Full Version : Two Summer Solo Exhibits - Utah

Kimberly Anderson
29-May-2012, 07:25
I am pleased to announce two upcoming solo exhibits of mine this summer.

The first is work from my Great Salt Lake Photographic Survey. The work that I will be exhibiting has not been shown before and has a piece from 1998 as well as current work. All of the nineteen prints are from film negatives, many are archival inkjet prints, two platinum-palladium prints and one gelatin-silver diptych. Negative sizes used range from 4x5, 4x10, 8x20 and 11x14. There is a little bit of everything in this show, all work being presented in black and white.

The opening reception for the Great Salt Lake show will be this Friday, June 1st from 6-9pm in the Harris Fine Art Center B.F. Larsen Gallery on the BYU campus. An additional nice touch will be the BYU Choral non-auditioned choirs performing from 6-7 in the same location. It should be a nice evening. Light refreshments and good company provided. Show will be hung through July.

The second body of work is from a collection of images I made while in Sweden in the summer of 2010. This work is significant in that it traces various points of interest and importance of family history from both my mother and my father's heritage from Sweden. Twenty prints of landscapes of historic sites and portraits of living relatives will be on display. They show the strong connection that we still have with our Swedish heritage.

11x14 and 20x24 gelatin-silver prints made from Hasselblad and 5x7 film negatives will be shown. Many are diptychs and are quite large, two 20x24's presented side-by-side.

The work will be exhibited in the Lee Library on BYU campus, in the Special Collections gallery downstairs. I will be presenting a lecture about the work and the stories that led up to the photography in Sweden. Date TBA. The opening reception for this show is on Friday, July 6th from 6-9pm. We will be having wonderful Swedish themed refreshments. Show will be hung through August.

I look forward to seeing you this summer.

Michael Slade - 2012

DJG
29-May-2012, 15:09
It's on my calendar, I hope to make it!

John Kasaian
30-May-2012, 05:06
Congratulations!

davehyams
31-May-2012, 07:53
Gonna try to make this, sounds very interesting.

Duane Polcou
31-May-2012, 12:50
Best of luck with the shows. I really enjoyed your bigfoot blogs.

Kimberly Anderson
31-May-2012, 15:38
Thank you Duane, John. :)

davehyams
2-Jun-2012, 11:33
This was a great show, wish we had been able to chat a little more, beautiful work, especially the palladium triptych. Congrats!!