PDA

View Full Version : Midstream: The Chicago River Exhibit

Richard Wasserman
18-May-2012, 08:09
I have an exhibit of 40+ images from my book Midstream: The Chicago River, 1999-2010 in the lobby of Willis Tower (nee Sears Tower) 233 S. Wacker Drive, running from June 4 to August 4. It's open to the public.

Kirk Gittings
18-May-2012, 23:05
I'll see it when I'm in Chicago.

Richard Wasserman
19-May-2012, 05:18
Excellent Kirk—let me know if you'd like the $0.05 tour. I'd be happy to meet up with you there.

I'll see it when I'm in Chicago.

don mishler
19-May-2012, 05:25
I like all the photos I have seen so far and look forward to seeing the show in person

don mishler
19-May-2012, 17:03
BTW if I could get the 5 cent tour I would be be happy to get one of your books from you

Noah A
19-May-2012, 17:14
Congratulations on the show! Unfortunately I won't be back in Chicago until October so I won't get to see it.

I've seen Richard's prints in other venues and I urge everyone to see the show. It's a great body of work!

Richard Wasserman
19-May-2012, 18:22
Thanks Noah! I look forward to seeing you in October.

chris_4622
27-May-2012, 06:42
I took a spin over to the Willis Tower yesterday to view your prints and was told all photos were removed prior to the NATO summit. This was from the doorman on Franklin St. I didn't actually go inside to confirm. I'll check the next time I'm up there.
Needless to say I was disappointed, especially since I had to endure a street musician playing the same thing over and over again.

Richard Wasserman
27-May-2012, 07:28
Chris,

I'm afraid you jumped the gun—my exhibit doesn't open until June 4. I know what you mean about the musician, maybe next time he will have learned a new tune...

I took a spin over to the Willis Tower yesterday to view your prints and was told all photos were removed prior to the NATO summit. This was from the doorman on Franklin St. I didn't actually go inside to confirm. I'll check the next time I'm up there.
Needless to say I was disappointed, especially since I had to endure a street musician playing the same thing over and over again.

Kirk Gittings
24-Jun-2012, 14:33
Richard giving my class an insightful talk on his Chicago River Project exhibit at Sears Tower. Great project. Superb exhibit. Thanks Richard!

Richard Wasserman
24-Jun-2012, 15:51
It was my pleasure Kirk. I trust you found your students....or they found you?

Kirk Gittings
24-Jun-2012, 16:07
I had to call them and they came back to get me. Thanks again Richard we enjoyed it.

No one in the Chicago area should miss this show!

Kirk Gittings
24-Jun-2012, 16:07
I had to call them and they came back to get me. Thanks again Richard we enjoyed it.

No one in the Chicago area should miss this show!

Kirk Gittings
24-Jun-2012, 16:19
And check this out everyone if you haven't seen it already:

Peter De Smidt
24-Jun-2012, 17:05
It looks like a great show. I'll try my best to get down there.

Richard Wasserman
4-Sep-2012, 19:54
I thought some of you might like to know that this exhibit has been extended (again) until at least the end of September.

brianam
7-Sep-2012, 00:36
I was in Chicago on business the last few days and made a point to stop by and see this. Great work Richard!, really nice show there in the lobby of the tower.

I noticed a few of the photos get direct sun during certain parts of the day. You worried about that? are they framed in UV-resistant glass? Just curious.

Richard Wasserman
7-Sep-2012, 07:13
Thanks Brian, I'm delighted you enjoyed my exhibit.

I consider these exhibition prints. Although I processed them the same as all my prints, properly fixed, washed, toned, etc., they are subject to more possible abuse than most. I framed them with plain acrylic glazing, for its light-weight and reduced breakability compared to glass. Ever price 40+ pieces of 24x28 UV-resistant glass or acrylic? It was not in my budget! These have been in 2 other public venues before Willis Tower, and I expect they will be shown elsewhere too. Between moving them, putting them up and taking them down, and simply being out in public, I think a bit of sunlight is one of my least worries. Good question, thanks for asking!

I was in Chicago on business the last few days and made a point to stop by and see this. Great work Richard!, really nice show there in the lobby of the tower.

I noticed a few of the photos get direct sun during certain parts of the day. You worried about that? are they framed in UV-resistant glass? Just curious.