PDA

View Full Version : Shen hao accessories fit Toyo??

jesskramer
15-Jan-2004, 20:47
Will the Shen Hao compendium hood fit my Toyo Field Camera. specifically will the screw that attaches the hood fit the screw-hole on the Toyo Field??

Will the Shen Hao folding focusing hood fit my Toyo back

Thanks,

Jesse

Gem Singer
16-Jan-2004, 06:48
Hi Jesse,

Short answer: NO.

Also, the Shen Hao rear folding focusing hood does not fit on the Toyo 45A field cameras, and the mounting bracket and screw that holds the compendium lens hood on the front standard of the Toyo45A is missing from the Shen Hao hood. The pictures of these Shen Hao accessories look very similar to Toyo, but that's where the similarity ends.

Tim Curry
17-Jan-2004, 08:09
When I mounted the compendium lens hood on my Shen Hao, I had to attach the metal mounting plate to the camera. To do this, the hood's attachment screw hole must first be bored into the top of the front standard's wooden top rail. Next, the mounting plate is fastened to the top rail so the attaching screws lines up with holes drilled in the rail for the small wood screws. It is easy, but there are no provisions made at the factory for this attachment point. The metal plate has two small holes close to the ends which hold it in place with wood screws, and a threaded center hole which holds the lens hood in place in the center of the plate.

I'm sure this would work on other cameras (tachihara, wista, etc.), but it would be better to have both your camera and the lens hood together to check before buying and trying. Something simple can become complicated without enough planning.