PDA

View Full Version : Changing email details

Barry Kirsten
29-Apr-2012, 15:21
A nice irony to start the week. I'm trying to update my email address, but when I make the changes to the new email field and press send, it tells me that I have an invalid email password. I'm sure my pwd is correct, but when I request my pwd be sent to me, I get the message that my email address is wrong. Likewise when I try to contact an administrator, I don't get off first base because my pwd is wrong. Obviously I should have done all this before I cancelled my old email account, but it's no good being wise after the event. What can I do?

Barry.

Tom Westbrook
29-Apr-2012, 17:09
Please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page to send a question to the moderators on your problem. Include your current email address and LF Forum user name.

A nice irony to start the week. I'm trying to update my email address, but when I make the changes to the new email field and press send, it tells me that I have an invalid email password. I'm sure my pwd is correct, but when I request my pwd be sent to me, I get the message that my email address is wrong. Likewise when I try to contact an administrator, I don't get off first base because my pwd is wrong. Obviously I should have done all this before I cancelled my old email account, but it's no good being wise after the event. What can I do?

Barry.

Ralph Barker
30-Apr-2012, 14:51
Barry, I updated your e-mail address, but that domain is rejecting e-mail sent to your new address. Once you have resolved that issue, please contact me for your new password.

Barry Kirsten
5-May-2012, 14:17
Barry, I updated your e-mail address, but that domain is rejecting e-mail sent to your new address. Once you have resolved that issue, please contact me for your new password.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for doing that. Unfortunately I have just moved to Australia's largest ISP and I find their service and technical support utterly hopeless. I have re-registered with the forum using my gmail email address and a new password. Is it possible to move these details to my old account and then cancel this new one? Many thanks,

Barry.

Ralph Barker
6-May-2012, 08:01
Hi Ralph,

Thank you for doing that. Unfortunately I have just moved to Australia's largest ISP and I find their service and technical support utterly hopeless. I have re-registered with the forum using my gmail email address and a new password. Is it possible to move these details to my old account and then cancel this new one? Many thanks,

Barry.

You have mail (on gmail). ;)

Barry Kirsten
7-May-2012, 14:12
All working (sigh of relief). Many thanks, Ralph.

Barry.