PDA

View Full Version : Help on Sinar P

Jerry Cunningham
23-Apr-2012, 10:43
I just bought a 4x5 Sinar P and they are built like a tank. All controls seem obvious and work extremely smoothly. However, the film holder is in the vertical position (portrait mode) and I can't figure out how to put it in landscape position (horizontal). I had never seen a Sinar P and I must say I am impressed. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
Jerry Cunningham

Tony Evans
23-Apr-2012, 11:14
Flip up the folded down lever at top left (or right) and lift it (screen & holder) out.

Jerry Cunningham
23-Apr-2012, 11:20
Thanks Tony! On my camera the lever is on the top left.

Jay DeFehr
23-Apr-2012, 14:25
So, you like it, Jerry? Mine is in the mail, and I'm very excited to see it. Mine is 8x10 and 4x5, with some extra goodies. I got the metering back for 4x5 to see if I like it. What do you plan to shoot with yours?

Jerry Cunningham
23-Apr-2012, 15:30
Jay
I really like the Sinar P. It is well put together and the controls are repeatable. I will be using mine to do studio work. I have other work horses to take to field. I am not a professional but I do enjoy well made equipment. I hope to own both a 4x5 and a separate 8x10 Sinar P. I wish you the best on your new camera.

Jay DeFehr
23-Apr-2012, 15:36
Thanks, Jerry. I plan to do studio portraits with mine, but who knows what I'll get into. Have fun!