PDA

View Full Version : Double Swing vs Single

goamules
20-Apr-2012, 09:51
OK, I have a bunch of cameras but never figured this out, what is a double swing rear? I just bought an old Rochester that advertises they made them as single swing, or for more money, double swing. It's time I understood what this means. And looking at the camera pictures, it looks like these moved with rear tilt anyway, not swing. Did "double" mean "tilt" (vertical) and "swing" (horizontal)?

E. von Hoegh
20-Apr-2012, 10:08
From what I have seen of old ads, it meant tilt and swing in modern parlance. Or, you could say the back swung on horizontal and vertical axes.

unixrevolution
20-Apr-2012, 12:25
Tilt and Swing is probably what it means. That, or they use swing for tilt, and it has base tilt AND axis tilt.

goamules
20-Apr-2012, 13:17
Thanks both of you, I think you're right. Now to see if this camera has both swing and tilt when it arrives, which I'd highly prefer.

E. von Hoegh
23-Apr-2012, 13:35
May you be fortunate enough to recieve a camera that swings both ways......

E. von Hoegh
24-Apr-2012, 15:05
Thanks both of you, I think you're right. Now to see if this camera has both swing and tilt when it arrives, which I'd highly prefer.

Looks like you got your wish.

goamules
24-Apr-2012, 15:18
Looks like you got your wish.

Well, I got a great camera, but I'm not sure it has swing. Wait a minute! Do you mean you loosen all 4 bottom, rear knobs and swing it like that?! It's just crazy enough to work....let me go try....

Thanks man.

E. von Hoegh
24-Apr-2012, 15:19
Well, I got a great camera, but I'm not sure it has swing. Wait a minute! Do you mean you loosen all 4 bottom, rear knobs and swing it like that?! It's just crazy enough to work....let me go try....

Thanks man.

Yup. (thumbs up smiley)