PDA

View Full Version : Modern or traditional?

Noeyedear
19-Apr-2012, 05:23
I'm rebuilding my darkroom with the intention of shooting and printing B&W.
I have never really studied B&W in serious detail, where I worked many years ago it was either FP4 or HP5 souped
in deep tanks of Microphen.
So now I'm looking to shoot a bit for fun as a refief from all the digital nonsense I have to deal with most days.
I know the permutations of film and dev are endless, but I want to standerise as much as possible to begin with.
I've never used film like Delta, what are the differences between the Delta type films and the FP4 Tri X traditional films.

Kevin.

D. Bryant
19-Apr-2012, 05:28
I'm rebuilding my darkroom with the intention of shooting and printing B&W.
I have never really studied B&W in serious detail, where I worked many years ago it was either FP4 or HP5 souped
in deep tanks of Microphen.
So now I'm looking to shoot a bit for fun as a refief from all the digital nonsense I have to deal with most days.
I know the permutations of film and dev are endless, but I want to standerise as much as possible to begin with.
I've never used film like Delta, what are the differences between the Delta type films and the FP4 Tri X traditional films.

Kevin.
Purchase some of each and try them. Then you will have a feel for there qualities and characteristics.