PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Vermont

ArchersTest
8-Apr-2012, 15:01
Im fairly new to large format photography after migrating over from digital and 35mm. While supplies are limited at the moment Im making the best of what I have.
What I do have:

Speed Graphic Anniversary 4x5
Lens: Voigtlander Anastigmat Skopar, 16,5cm, f:4.5 on a Compur shutter

So far Ive only shot on Arista EDU Ultra 100, developed in 1:50 Rodinal. This is one of my first shots on 4x5...

Im very happy with it, even though the guy with the tripod refused to meet and I wanted to grab the shot before the wind picked up. I was amazed that it was calm there, normally there's a strong breeze going down the lake. If I could do it again I would shift focus to get more of berm in focus. I still need to master finding the hyperfocal point.

I hope to expand to color film and maybe one day different lenses but that seems very unlikely due to my budget at the moment.

Michael Graves
8-Apr-2012, 17:38
Hello back from Vermont. Nice start! I was shooting for about three years before I got something that good. Or, wait...no...I've been shooting twenty years WITHOUT getting anything that good. Welcome aboard.

David Brunell
8-Apr-2012, 18:25
Welcome to the forum, this is the best resource with plenty of knowlegable friendly people!