PDA

View Full Version : Sending digital image for printing

Linhof
7-Apr-2012, 20:40
After scanning my films and sending the digital images to printing company to have it printed, I start to worry if the printing company would keep my images for their own use. How do you protect your right?

Frank Petronio
7-Apr-2012, 20:51
Send them to professionals who value their reputation.

alexn
7-Apr-2012, 21:26
Yep..

I like to go to the printers personally to check calibration by being present for a test print of a small image etc. I think you'll find that if you go in and spend some time with the people there doing a quick calibration and conversion of the image they will know you, you will know them and the whole process feels a lot safer..

Alternatively, spend up big, buy yourself a wide format printer and do it all at home! :)

Frank Petronio
8-Apr-2012, 04:35
If they did swipe your image then you have a great and very lucrative infringement case, a windfall really. But no successful lab would ever do such a thing because it would doom their business. In any event it would be good to learn how to register your copyrights.

Greg Lockrey
8-Apr-2012, 06:11
A print isn't that valuable without the signature and the only signature worth anything to a printer is the one on the check... ;)

Old-N-Feeble
8-Apr-2012, 06:46
If one of the technicians steals several images and hangs them in an out-of-town gallery how would you ever know? Some folks will steal the pennies from your pocket if they find you laying dead in the street. ;)

Frank Petronio
8-Apr-2012, 07:10
If one of the technicians steals several images and hangs them in an out-of-town gallery how would you ever know? Some folks will steal the pennies from your pocket if they find you laying dead in the street. ;)

Then they get famous and steal your identity, move into your house, take your wife... that's why you should never leave home without the protection of your tinfoil hat.

Old-N-Feeble
8-Apr-2012, 08:18
I like my tinfoil hat much more than I did my ex-wife in the last year of our marriage. Thank goodness I still have my hat. ;)