PDA

View Full Version : Zone VI VC Enlarger Type 1 with Timer and Motor Focus Control

trad.dig.experience
23-Mar-2012, 13:13
I don't know what's wrong with my enlarger. It works perfect. Type 1. (aghast) Egads. Yuck!!! Type 1.

It's mounted on a basement wall. Cobwebs, spiders, and damp not welcome.

It prints every format from 35mm to 5x7. Yes, 5x7 with no problem. That seems to be the BIG bugaboo. I print around it.

I made one modification. John Ritter said to carve away excess silicone holding the blue and green tubes in place. I did, it helped. Thank you Richard.

Today my enlarger is working. It's a good day.

Hey, P.s. My first post.

trad.dig.experience
23-Mar-2012, 23:11
This is a piss pore first post. I said nothing. Sorry to bore you folks. How's this,

Split printing sucks. It's a waste of time, green energy, blue energy, CC's ugh., contrast within contrast -- I'd rather push a jeep into the Grand Canyon and clean up the mess.

Lucky me.

Pawlowski6132
24-Mar-2012, 03:04
Put the wine down.

jeroldharter
24-Mar-2012, 13:06
Split printing is a bit plodding but it is a good practice to understand. Even though I don't usually split print anymore, I learned a lot about what I could get out of my paper by split printing.

trad.dig.experience
24-Mar-2012, 20:31
Yes, I thought that too. Plodding. A whole lot of effort for print achieved in shorter time. But i can see burning in -- with hard only, or soft only.
It's subtle. And, something I yet to achieve.

... if I only had more grappa.

and tuscany, and folks.

trad.dig.experience
25-Mar-2012, 20:20
Printing becomes more complicated the older I get. (55 and counting)

It's challenging. I love my enlarger.