PDA

View Full Version : Bag for Canham MQC 5x7

false_Aesthetic
18-Mar-2012, 13:06
Hey,

Those of you with a Canham MQC, what backpack do you use?

I'm hoping for a rec for a "lightweight" bag that'll hold camera, 150mm HM, ≥ 5 film holders, level, lupe, L-508. Place to hold tripod would be nice but not necessary.

And its gotta be designed for a ground-hugger (5'8"/172cm)

Gem Singer
18-Mar-2012, 14:20
I use the Domke F-3 Backpack, #702-30D to carry my Canham MQC57 outfit.

It is available at B&H (free shipping), comes in several colors, and has ample space for camera , lenses, and accessories. I carry the tripod separately.

Actually, it is more of a daypack than a backpack, with room for a sweater or light weight jacket in the top section.

(I'm 5' 7" tall).

false_Aesthetic
18-Mar-2012, 21:06
Gem, care to show images of how you load the bag up?

I can't seem to locate one of these locally so I'm just trying to get a sense of it.

Roger Thoms
18-Mar-2012, 21:33
Gem, some pictures of your set up would be great. I'm actually wondering if the F-3 work for a Speed Graphic, what do you think?

Roger

I use the Domke F-3 Backpack, #702-30D to carry my Canham MQC57 outfit.

It is available at B&H (free shipping), comes in several colors, and has ample space for camera , lenses, and accessories. I carry the tripod separately.

Actually, it is more of a daypack than a backpack, with room for a sweater or light weight jacket in the top section.

(I'm 5' 7" tall).

Gem Singer
18-Mar-2012, 22:11
Excuse the senior moment. I just looked at the label, and my Domke bag is an F-2, not an F-3.

B&H doesn't specify the size difference between the F-2 and the F-3. However, I believe the F-2 is the larger of the two.

Remove the inner divider (held into place with velcro fasteners). Keep the camera in the Canham fitted carrying case.

Lenses are wrapped in Domke lens wraps. Camera, three lenses, and six 5x7 film holders can be fitted into the main compartment.

Filters in the front pockets. Compendiun lens shade, loupe, and spot meter in the side pockets. Misc. accessories in the mesh zipper pocket.

Dark cloth fits into the top flap zipper pocket.

Sorry, I no longer have a way of posting images.

Roger Thoms
18-Mar-2012, 22:33
Thanks Gem, this sounds encouraging.

Roger

false_Aesthetic
19-Mar-2012, 07:40
+1 roger

thanks gem

Scott Davis
19-Mar-2012, 07:59
I have one of these that I use with my Canham 5x7 woodfield - I can easily fit the camera, several lenses, meter and darkcloth in the main compartment, and 10-15 film holders in the expandable side pockets. Or your requirement would fit entirely within the main compartment. A plus is that it fits in a Pelican 1520 hard case for shipping/transport. You can carry it over the shoulder on a strap, or you can use the backpack style shoulder straps to put it on your back. IIRC it does also have tripod loops but I don't use them.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/228220-REG/Pelican_PCS152_PCS152_Shoulder_Bag.html