PDA

View Full Version : View Camera Movement Diagrams

Sam Barber
20-Dec-2003, 22:51
I am looking for some simple diagrams of view camera movements which can be pasted into Power Point. Are there any sites containing such diagrams?

Sam Barber

Robert A. Zeichner
21-Dec-2003, 06:02
Why don't you just draw them in PowerPoint? It's a pretty simple drawing program and doing it yourself will allow you total control.

N Dhananjay
21-Dec-2003, 08:52
Don't know if this what you want but try http://www.toyoview.com/LargeFrmtTech/lgformat.html. Cheers, DJ

Ted Harris
21-Dec-2003, 09:30
San,

The ones that DJ jsut recommended were the ones I was thinking of as being the simplest and most direct. Sinc eyou said you wanted to paste them into Powerpoint I assume you are going to sue them to show to others, probably as some sort of a learning presentation. Be careful of copyright violation.

Like many of use here who sell our own copyrighted wrok I am sort of sensitive to copyright violations. Most publishers/owners will grant you the right to use materials such as these pictures from a Toyo ad at no cost as long as you are using them for educational purposes (they would probably, in this case, even be willing to send you the nice three page foldout hardcopy brochure that contains the pictures in quantity at no cost) BUT it is not an absolute right and you are supposed to ask and get approval before any such use. You can EXCERPT material from a copyrighted work for one time educational use under the "fair use provisions" of the law but that is likely not what you are shooting for here.

This is a broad general sketch and I am not an attorney so take these comments as those from one educated layperson to another.

Ted Harris
21-Dec-2003, 10:10
Please excuse th etyping above (need more coffee) .....

Julio Fernandez
26-Dec-2003, 20:43
Sam: The ultimate source for the information you ask is found in

http://www.trenholm.org/hmmerk/VuCamTxt.pdf

At first it might be a little complex but any time you spend on Merklinger will pay handsome dividends. Dr. Merklinger more than anyone I know has dealt with the issue of camera movements in the most scientific way. Besides this link he has published many articles and books that can be found in the Web. Good luck!