PDA

View Full Version : Filter ideas for Durst 138s

dentkimterry
14-Mar-2012, 20:37
I have tried the standard Ilford under the lens type filters but they interfere with the light path. The filter drawer in the lamphouse appears to take some kind of hard filter about 4 1/2" square but I can't find anything like that. I have heard of custom five inch under the lens type but that seems quite complex to make. My idea, which is more within my skill level would be to make some filter boards out of 1/4" plywood and staple or glue the Ilford 6x6 filters to the boards, cut down to the proper size, of course. Has anyone else tackled this?

kliopiros
15-Mar-2012, 03:05
I had two pieces of glass cut to fit the filter drawer and then trimmed the Ilford filters to fit.

I have tried the standard Ilford under the lens type filters but they interfere with the light path. The filter drawer in the lamphouse appears to take some kind of hard filter about 4 1/2" square but I can't find anything like that. I have heard of custom five inch under the lens type but that seems quite complex to make. My idea, which is more within my skill level would be to make some filter boards out of 1/4" plywood and staple or glue the Ilford 6x6 filters to the boards, cut down to the proper size, of course. Has anyone else tackled this?

Graybeard
15-Mar-2012, 03:45
I cut filters to size from Ilford Multigrade gels them hold them in place in the drawer with a couple of magnets - no glass or frame needed or used.

Larry Gebhardt
15-Mar-2012, 09:43
I cut filters to size from Ilford Multigrade gels them hold them in place in the drawer with a couple of magnets - no glass or frame needed or used.

That's what I've been doing too. In fact the magnets aren't really needed, but they cut my worry of dropping the filter on the floor when I remove the drawer.

dentkimterry
15-Mar-2012, 14:41
Thanks for the ideas! I think magnets are the way to go. An afternoon trip to Hobby Lobby and I'm all magneted up! I appreciate your help.

Terry

ic-racer
15-Mar-2012, 16:10
I mounted 10"x10" floppy filters on a piece of plexiglass with some tap so they could easily got in and out of my filter drawer.