PDA

View Full Version : Canham 5x7 wood bellows question

AnselAdamsX
11-Mar-2012, 00:11
On the Canham wooden 5x7 camera can the bag bellows be left on when folded?

Kimberly Anderson
11-Mar-2012, 00:27
I don't know about the 5x7, but on my Canham 8x10 the bag bellows needs to be removed to get the camera to totally fold up and not have the bellows possibly get pinched or damaged.

Gem Singer
11-Mar-2012, 07:02
It's very difficult to fold the Canham 4x5/5x7 Traditional with the bag bellows attached.

Not recommended.

AnselAdamsX
13-Mar-2012, 06:45
How long does it take to install/remove the bag bellows?

Louis Pacilla
13-Mar-2012, 09:05
How long does it take to install/remove the bag bellows?

No time at all really. OK, maybe a minute or two. So some time but not much.

1st step) To remove the standard bellows You swing a set of clips up on the top and bottom of the front standard and this releases the front bellows frame from the front standard.

2nd step) Then you remove the ground glass frame and pull the standard bellows out through the rear of the rear standard.

3rd step) Now insert the the bag bellows through the rear standard and then replace the Ground glass back.

4th step) Insert the front frame of the bag bellows into the front standard. Then swing the clips down on the top and bottom on the front standard.

You now have installed your bag bellows.

Full disclosure! I own the 8x10 Canham Wood Standard. Not the 5x7 model but they work the same way.

Hope this helps

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
13-Mar-2012, 09:46
How wide are you going? Often the regular bellows on those cameras is flexible enough to not require the bag bellows.

AnselAdamsX
13-Mar-2012, 19:06
Ultrawide 47mm with 4x5 back and 72mm on the 5x7 back.And I want 40mm rise with the 72mm and the 4x5 back. I'm starting to think the MQC may be better suited.

How wide are you going? Often the regular bellows on those cameras is flexible enough to not require the bag bellows.

Kimberly Anderson
13-Mar-2012, 20:09
Louis, do you find your bag bellows a little bit of a wrestling match? I know I do. It goes in just fine, but it takes some gentle persuasion.

Scott Davis
14-Mar-2012, 13:21
IIRC the standard bellows will handle the 72. Might be a little restrictive, but it should work. You'll definitely need the bag bellows for the 47 though.

Michael Jones
14-Mar-2012, 14:25
Louis, do you find your bag bellows a little bit of a wrestling match? I know I do. It goes in just fine, but it takes some gentle persuasion.

Michael:

Mine were to the point I sent the the camera and the bellows to Keith for adjustment (at no charge). Its not an problem, just something that happens with handmade items... especially if not purchased at the same time. In my case, the bellows are about 12 years younger than the camera.

Mike