PDA

View Full Version : Help with Beseler Dichro 45 S ---Manual Needed---

rocha26
29-Feb-2012, 22:52
I was given this Beseler 45mcrx with a dichro 45S color head over two months ago. Yesterday that I was going to go use it, the light bulb would not turn on. I checked the light bulb and it looks fine (not burned), the fan is running fine, the only problems is that their is no power going towards the light bulb. Is there anyone that has a manual for this type of enlarger (Beseler 45mcrx with a dichro 45S color head) so I can attempt in troubleshooting the problem.

Thanks

jeroldharter
29-Feb-2012, 23:04
There is a small lever in the right underside of the 45 S. Make sure that is not toggled in the wrong direction or else the light won't turn on.

Robert Ley
1-Mar-2012, 06:59
+1 on the "white light" switch/lever on the bottom-right of the unit. I may have an instruction book that I will have to look for. The 45S is a good unit that is pretty much bulletproof and can be used for both color and B&W.

Peter Mounier
1-Mar-2012, 08:47
P.M. sent with links to the manuals.

Btw, the lever just removes the filters from underneath the lamp for white light focusing. It doesn't toggle the lamp on and off.

Peter

rocha26
1-Mar-2012, 19:23
Thanks for the info

neil poulsen
3-Mar-2012, 00:28
I have a 45 S. When I first got it, turning it on, the light would delay coming for anything from a split second to several seconds. It has to do with the self monitoring correction.

I'm wondering if you're experiencing an extreme case of this.

To fix this, I cut the light out of the regulating circuit by connecting it directly to AC wall with a rectifier spliced into one side. The rectifier cut's the voltage down to the 87v that's recommended for the lamps intended for this enlarger. To substitute for the regulation circuit, I installed an extra light sensitive cell (that I happen to have_ for a Zone VI compensating enlarging time.

Works great now.

hmf
3-Mar-2012, 03:47
The light will stay on if the filters are toggled off, as while focusing. However, once the light is turned off and if the filters are removed, the light will not turn back on again until the filters are in place. I assume this to be a safety feature to prevent unintentionally exposing VC paper to unfiltered light.

P.M. sent with links to the manuals.

Btw, the lever just removes the filters from underneath the lamp for white light focusing. It doesn't toggle the lamp on and off.

Peter

rocha26
4-Mar-2012, 00:01
I am going to give that a try. I'm guessing it should work because every else turns on except the light bulb.

dsphotog
6-Mar-2012, 16:49
I've had those bulbs filiments "look ok" but not work.

david4god78
17-Mar-2012, 06:28
Hi rocha26, Do yo have two cords coming from the 45s enlarger head. On the right side underneath by the switch to turn the filtration on and off is a cord. This cord controls the fan and display lights. There should be another cord for the light. This cord connects to the six pin terminal underneath and on the left side of the unit. This then connects to the timer. You might try this on ebay 130522399742.Hope this helps.

David

false_Aesthetic
17-Mar-2012, 07:37
+1 on the lever thing
+1 on dsphotog statement as well.

lebasi
26-Mar-2012, 06:53
Hi, your question about the Beseler Dichro 45 S helped me understand why my light is not turning on, but in my case, also the filter lever doesn't stay rearwards... żany suggestion? Thanks to everybody! Have a nice day

c moore
25-Apr-2017, 10:06
I have a 45 S. When I first got it, turning it on, the light would delay coming for anything from a split second to several seconds. It has to do with the self monitoring correction.

I'm wondering if you're experiencing an extreme case of this.

To fix this, I cut the light out of the regulating circuit by connecting it directly to AC wall with a rectifier spliced into one side. The rectifier cut's the voltage down to the 87v that's recommended for the lamps intended for this enlarger. To substitute for the regulation circuit, I installed an extra light sensitive cell (that I happen to have_ for a Zone VI compensating enlarging time.

Works great now.
Hey Neil -
Yes, this is an old post.:)
Could you contact about what you did with your 45S please.?
Thank You
chip