PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting rid of certain forums

bob carnie
24-Feb-2012, 14:06
Since the new update, I am getting all the threads that I do not want.. I am embarrassed to ask but how in the hell with this new setup do you get rid of certain forums.
Its right before my eyes but I must be getting old since I cannot find the place, I have scoured the settings page and no luck.. what am I not seeing here.

Sevo
24-Feb-2012, 14:12
In the Forums list there is a green circle with a hook inside to the right of each forum name - click that to unsubscribe, and you will not see anything from that particular forum in "New Posts" again.

Ralph Barker
24-Feb-2012, 16:00
In the Forums list there is a green circle with a hook inside to the right of each forum name - click that to unsubscribe, and you will not see anything from that particular forum in "New Posts" again.

You may be referring to the "Subscribe" icon, which would have a different effect - sending notices of each new post. I'm not sure what effect subscribing to a forum has on the New Posts display, though.

Ralph Barker
24-Feb-2012, 16:03
Since the new update, I am getting all the threads that I do not want.. I am embarrassed to ask but how in the hell with this new setup do you get rid of certain forums.
Its right before my eyes but I must be getting old since I cannot find the place, I have scoured the settings page and no luck.. what am I not seeing here.

On the old version, we used a plug-in that allowed each person to see or block individual forums as they desired (via settings in their profile). Unfortunately, that plug-in isn't compatible with the new version, and the author no longer maintains it. So, we're looking for another alternative.

Sevo
24-Feb-2012, 16:12
You're right, that does not do it, it only affects the side panel or mail summaries. I've seen it affect the New Posts on other vBulletin based boards - but that may be version or plug-in dependent.

Bruce Watson
26-Feb-2012, 09:51
On the old version, we used a plug-in that allowed each person to see or block individual forums as they desired (via settings in their profile). Unfortunately, that plug-in isn't compatible with the new version, and the author no longer maintains it. So, we're looking for another alternative.

Excellent. I'm glad you are looking for a way. Thanks in advance.

bob carnie
27-Feb-2012, 06:30
Thanks Ralph , as I cannot get rid of a couple of forums and they are clogging up my day.... I hope you find an alternative.