PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, from Manchester UK

Simon Liddiard
19-Feb-2012, 08:31
Hi everybody,

I'm new to LF in a practical sense but have been browsing the various online resources for a few months now.

I'm using a 2nd hand Horseman L45 Pro with a selection of medium format lenses, a Sinar branded Schneider Super-Angulon f5.6/65, an odd collection of OEM and DIY lens boards and my Nikon D700 as a digital back. I will be using B&W sheet film in the fullness of time but I'm concentrating on my digital work for the present. My main interest is architecture, both in a commercial and a fine art sense.

I'm based in Manchester, the UK's very own rainy city, so I'm learning to be flexible, reactive and patient when it comes to good shooting days!

Cheers,

Simon

IanG
19-Feb-2012, 13:16
Hi Simon, welcome, and well someone has to come from Manchester :D

Actually it's a city with a lot of character and greatr people with wonderful countryside nearby :)

Ian

Simon Liddiard
19-Feb-2012, 13:54
Hi Ian,

I do love it here. I originally hail from Portsmouth so relative to my experience this place is golden! It has a darn sight better architecture than Portsmouth too!

:p

John Berry
20-Feb-2012, 00:06
Welcome from Americas rainy city, Seattle. Try to get out on both days.
John

Simon Liddiard
20-Feb-2012, 05:56
Thanks John,

I'm thinking of some kind of umbrella/gaffa tape contraption. I actually spent some time in Portland, OR back in 2008 but I didn't venture north to Seattle, although I really want to go back to the pacific NW sometime.

Steve Smith
20-Feb-2012, 06:01
I'm based in Manchester, the UK's very own rainy city

The only time I went to Manchester, it was gloriously sunny weather despite the warning from my Mancunian neighbours that it always rains there!

I originally hail from Portsmouth

Just north of me then.

Steve.

Simon Liddiard
20-Feb-2012, 06:40
Hi Steve,

My brother lives on the IOW. His name is Chris Liddiard, in case you've bumped into him at all.

To be fair to Manchester, it is often gloriously sunny! I think the rainy city moniker is a wee bit unfair.

Louis Pacilla
20-Feb-2012, 10:37
Ho do you do Simon.

Welcome!

Hope to see your contributions here in the future.

Peace
Louis

Simon Liddiard
20-Feb-2012, 11:54
Hello Louis, and thanks for welcoming me.

I'm working on getting my first exposures as we speak.

Cheers,

S