PDA

View Full Version : Question on a Wista 45RF

Songyun
14-Feb-2012, 22:35
1. on the rotating back there is a lever see attached photo (0001.jpg), does anyone know what is that for?

2. on the side there is lever which is attached to a spring, when film holders are inserted it is pushed back. Does anyone know what is the use for that?

3. Does the rotating back have a locking mechanism?

B.S.Kumar
15-Feb-2012, 00:29
Hi Songyun,

1. The lever is actually the rotating back lock. It is recommended to use it to rotate the back, though it will move even without releasing it. The mechanism will last longer if it is used. There is no separate lock required since this lever holds it in any position. There are also detents at 90 degrees.

2. The spring-loaded lever is used for auto-aperture operation with a special double-threaded cable that goes from the back to certain shutters. These are special press-type shutters that were made by Copal for Wista. These shutters are marked "Copal for Wista". When a film-holder is inserted, the aperture closes to the pre-set value, and opens fully when the film-holder is removed.

3. See 1 above.

Hope this helps.
Kumar

Songyun
15-Feb-2012, 08:24
Thanks Kumar,
just one more question, how does the locking lever work? pull and push?

as for the auto aperture operation, I suspect that is the case, similar to Sinar, just didn't know that there is a copal shutter for wista.

I kind of hate that auto-aperture thing, It works ok with my regular sheet film holder, but I have trouble with my fuji quickchange holder. on horizontal position, when I pull the darkslide, the quickchange holder will get pulled out.

B.S.Kumar
15-Feb-2012, 20:01
Hi Songyun,

The lever is normally in "locked" position, and is to be kept "open" as long as you are rotating the back.

Yes, the auto-aperture lever is a bit of a nuisance. It's a pretty strong lever, and on my earlier 45D, pushed out my Betterlight back when the back was in the horizontal position. But surprisingly, it is not present on my RF. So I assume it it can be removed.

Kumar

Songyun
19-Feb-2012, 16:18
Is there any nonbrutal force way to dismentle the auto aperture lever?