PDA

View Full Version : Fort Worth, Texas Art Show- chance to show your work

Darren H
11-Feb-2012, 09:53
Anyone in or close to north Texas looking for a chance to display work there is an upcoming opportunity at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. The biennial art show is in March. You can display one work. There is size limitations and a nominal entry cost. You can mark your worm for sale too.

The arts center is in the cultural district next to the Amon Carter museum.

See the details at www.fwcac.com

bigdog
11-Feb-2012, 16:13
You can mark your worm for sale too.

:D

brian mcweeney
11-Feb-2012, 18:07
You go first.

Darren H
12-Feb-2012, 13:09
worm :D

Hmmn, for some reason spell check thought it was spelled right..... ;-)

But hopefully you got the idea.

It is a neat chance to show work in a pretty good venue. Of course you will be in a show that also takes painting, sculpture, etc. That might not be a bad thing as it should put more traffic through it. I think the show stays up through spring gallery night so even more chance to be seen. I did the show last time round in 2010 on very last minute notice, took down a print, stuck a price on it figuring there would be no way it would sell being one of a hundreds of wildly different pieces. But, as dumb luck would have it, the print sold. So I got to be in the show and make a couple of bucks for more film.

Hope some of you locals decide to jump in.

bigdog
13-Feb-2012, 10:17
I'm considering it, Darren.

William McEwen
14-Feb-2012, 14:35
Here's a more direct link:

http://fwcac.com/?exhibition_detail/2000

brian mcweeney
14-Feb-2012, 16:09
Thanks for posting this Darren. It looks like a great opportunity to get one's work out there and maybe even make a sale. The Spring Gallery Night is usually packed with people.

brian mcweeney
1-Mar-2012, 18:02
Bump.
I dropped off my print today.
You have Friday and Saturday to still get something in the show.