PDA

View Full Version : 90 degree angle V700

lbenac
5-Feb-2012, 22:00
Something funny with my V700 the only way the lamp will warm-up and let me scan is if I first put the scanner on its side - start the preview put it back horizontal and then everything is fine for as long as I do not shut the scanner down.
I have open the scanner checked the straps, greased the rails...
I am not looking forward to send the scanner to Epson which seem to have a hit and miss repair track record and opf course it is a big heavy beast to ship.

Any idea of what is going-on?

Cheers,

Luc

Jody_S
5-Feb-2012, 23:18
A couple of mine have developed electrical problems over time (one after it fell off it's shelf). I've always gotten mine running again by opening them up and cleaning contacts on ribbon cables, power cords, etc. I've never pinpointed the location of any of the problems except for one power input jack, but I have gotten them all working.

Daniel Moore
5-Feb-2012, 23:23
It sounds to me like a wire is damaged or loose either at it end point or somewhere along it's length but the shielding isn't, preventing it from showing itself. Maybe asking Epson to send replacement cables could skirt the shipping issue. You could try and isolate it by removing the top cover, tyeing a string to a cable and applying 90° effective gravity to each to reproduce it and know exactly what to ask them for. Not sure if it'll run with the top cover removed but I bet it will.

Doug Fisher
6-Feb-2012, 09:07
>>You could try and isolate it by removing the top cover, tyeing a string to a cable and applying 90° effective gravity to each to reproduce it <<

+1 for where I would start.

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com

lbenac
6-Feb-2012, 09:30
I will try that the next rainy week-end I am not working.
Thanks for the tips

Luc

Daniel Moore
6-Feb-2012, 10:10
Probably nothing, but double check your carriage lock isn't partially engaged.

lbenac
6-Feb-2012, 13:31
Probably nothing, but double check your carriage lock isn't partially engaged.

I removed them so not to have to worry about this :-)