PDA

View Full Version : Compur rapid without cable release

anglophone1
4-Feb-2012, 07:59
I have a 90mm 6.8 Angulon in a compur rapid shutter.
The shutter has no cable release socket, just a cocking lever and a release lever.
It has the push down round "self timer" lock to give a delayed release.
I cannot work out how to hold it open on B for focussing?
Can't see any other "press focus" tab either?
Thoughts anyone?

IanG
4-Feb-2012, 10:14
I've a couple of Compur Rapid shutters like that, they come off 120 folding cameras where the shutter release is on the camera body (threaded for a cable release) and there's no focus screen so no point in a preview feature or cable release socket. So you need to find a different shutter.

Ian

rdenney
4-Feb-2012, 11:04
If it is a #00 shutter, then replacements are so hard to find that it might be worth fabricating an external shutter actuator with a lock. If it's #0 shutter, which is still in production, I'd look for a replacement.

Rick "who has struggled to find #00 shutters" Denney

IanG
4-Feb-2012, 12:02
It should be a Compur #0

I have a Vario shutter that's #00 B, 25, 75, 200 with cable release and flash synch, a brand new shutter so never been fitted to a camera :D Also there's a Prontor version as well (same manufacturer) mine needs a service. These are found on many post WWII German folding cameras but unlike the Compur #0 the Prontor has B & T.

Ian

anglophone1
4-Feb-2012, 12:11
So cost of a new shutter looks like same cost as a whole Angulon and shutter ( as in your earlier post)!

rdenney
4-Feb-2012, 12:17
It should be a Compur #0

I have a Vario shutter that's #00 B, 25, 75, 200 with cable release and flash synch, a brand new shutter so never been fitted to a camera :D Also there's a Prontor version as well (same manufacturer) mine needs a service. These are found on many post WWII German folding cameras but unlike the Compur #0 the Prontor has B & T.

The Prontor and some Compurs don't accommodate all lenses, just for the record. I have a modern #00 Prontor Press shutter that has a recess down to the front thread. Neither my 65/8 or 47/5.6 Super Angulons will fit down into that recess. Not even all Compurs will fit the same as some other Compurs.

#0 does not pose the same problems.

Rick "not all Compurs have a flat front and not all lenses need them" Denney

IanG
4-Feb-2012, 13:00
Now my Prontor #00 has a flat front so no problem but the Vario has a front plate rather like the Linhof select shutters, in fact the plates are interchangable.

There can be similar issues with Compur #0 shutters for the same reason but I think only some Linhof select lenses/shutters would have this problem.

Ian

John Koehrer
4-Feb-2012, 16:00
Seikosha used a funky little bracket that mounted beneath the shutter and had CR threads held in line with the release lever. /There should be images online so you get the idea.
I doubt the Seikosha would line up properly but ?