PDA

View Full Version : Part of Cambo SC. What for?

TheAir
27-Jan-2012, 04:51
Today I got a cambo SC, included is such a thing (see photo). What is it? Maybe it's just hood?
I also got a Polaroid 545 back. What for, besides Fuji FP-100C45, it is compatible?
Regards.

Dan Fromm
27-Jan-2012, 05:08
Compendium hood. Lens shade.

TheAir
27-Jan-2012, 05:23
That's what I thought. that something is missing. Wings or something else. For example like in the picture.
http://www.cambo.com/Html/Images/C-341DeLuxe.jpg

ki6mf
27-Jan-2012, 05:42
I have a SC and thought the Wings were an option. Cambo was always a modular system in every sense of the word and everything was available at a separate cost.

cowanw
27-Jan-2012, 06:43
No your hood is complete; just a different model.

BrianShaw
27-Jan-2012, 08:19
For example like in the picture.

That is the later "flip up" style. The one you have, the clip-on style, also came in another "variant"... with a filter holder.

Marc B.
29-Jan-2012, 23:10
The 545/545i Polaroid back is basically useless, as those backs were for sleeved, single sheet instant film, not pack film.
Film for 545/545i backs has not been produced since Polaroid's liquidation bankruptcy in 2008,
(some film types - produced no later then late 2007).

Polaroid had the clean room, sleeving machinery, and contract to sleeve Kodak Ready Loads. Some say that Ready Loads would work in these backs, but again, none of the Kodak Loads have been produced since Polaroid's bankruptcy.

Conventional emulsion film can be frozen; Polaroid and Fuji instant films can-not be frozen.
The developing packets burst and dry-out after being frozen.

Some say that Fuji Quick Loads can be used in the 545/545i backs, but most find that there are unacceptable film flatness issues when doing so.

You have (what I believe to be), the easier/nicer, more desirable compendium shade from Cambo/Calumet.

TheAir
30-Jan-2012, 02:39
Thank you all for the info!

rdenney
30-Jan-2012, 06:30
Yes, the picture shows the clip-on compendium shade for a Cambo SC. I have a similar one, but mine has a slide-in gel filter holder and all-black knobs--probably a later version. Mine was missing one of the upper mounting arms so I got it for five bucks, and then fabricated a replacement mounting arm (about ten minutes' effort).

My only beef with the shade is that it eats up a lot of space in a case because those mounting arms won't fold away. But then not much about the Cambo SC was designed to preserve space in a case.

Rick "who used that gel holder" Denney