PDA

View Full Version : ULF B&W film high quality/affordable rates

Miguel Coquis
19-Jan-2012, 01:52
News that might interest ULF shooters. Working on a ULF project, I learn about great difficulties on purchasing B&W ULF negative film. I found that Kodak and Ilford offeres great quality neg films. Prices are extremely high.
I wanted to share with those who are trying ULF camera work, and say that Adox (Germany) will be manufacturing all films at their own factory in Bad Saarow from march on.
Few members from LF are already in contact with this company.
For my needs, I will be ordering 7x17" and 14x17" format.
Perhaps larger orders will generate better prices.
So, let me know via PM if you would wish to be on an ordering group for these film formats.
Thanks,
MAC

evan clarke
19-Jan-2012, 06:03
News that might interest ULF shooters. Working on a ULF project, I learn about great difficulties on purchasing B&W ULF negative film. I found that Kodak and Ilford offeres great quality neg films. Prices are extremely high.
I wanted to share with those who are trying ULF camera work, and say that Adox (Germany) will be manufacturing all films at their own factory in Bad Saarow from march on.
Few members from LF are already in contact with this company.
For my needs, I will be ordering 7x17" and 14x17" format.
Perhaps larger orders will generate better prices.
So, let me know via PM if you would wish to be on an ordering group for these film formats.
Thanks,
MAC
What film speeds will they offer, I do 11x14 and am interested in 400 speed..Evan Clarke

Hugo Zhang
19-Jan-2012, 09:29
I have used 30 sheets of ADOX 1620 film. It is a little cheaper and in my limited experience the quality is not up to that of Ilford.

Brook Martin
19-Jan-2012, 09:41
Hugo, In what sense? Delicate emulsion? Lots of toe and shoulder? I am just getting back to some ULF work and dealing with the limited choices out there. I like fp4 but missed the order for the year. Looking for an option in the mean time.

Jim Noel
19-Jan-2012, 09:41
The reason I use Adox films on occasion is the film curve is different than that for Ilford or Kodak films. I find it unsurpassed for work meant to have a look like that of the 1930's and 40's. Trees appear round and faces have depth, something not easy with more modern film and lenses.
Perhaps they could do like Ilford and take pre-orders for an annual run of ULF sizes. I would certainly participate in that.

Lachlan 717
19-Jan-2012, 12:01
What film speeds will they offer, I ... am interested in 400 speed..Evan Clarke

+1 in 7x17

Hugo Zhang
19-Jan-2012, 20:40
Hugo, In what sense? Delicate emulsion? Lots of toe and shoulder? I am just getting back to some ULF work and dealing with the limited choices out there. I like fp4 but missed the order for the year. Looking for an option in the mean time.
Brook,

Two out of my 30 sheets have defects, one has a curved thin wire of 1.5" and the other one has a few pin holes. Yes they have delicate emulsion. They are packed in 10 sheets in a soft thin paper package like that of photo paper. I paid like $13-14 per sheet in 16x20 size about 18 months ago.

Hugo

Brook Martin
20-Jan-2012, 06:11
Thanks Hugo.