PDA

View Full Version : Epson 4900: What paper are you using?

sully75
10-Jan-2012, 00:35
I have an Epson 4900. I've been using it with my old standby, ultra-premium presentation paper matte. But there is no profile for the printer on the Epson site, which I don't really get. I've been using some generic matte profile but that doesn't seem right and my prints are only halfway there.

Any idea why there is no profile for this paper? On the 4900 page, there are only 5 papers profiled. Are they trying to upsell me on paper? Not unlikely...

Any suggestions on a substitute? I liked that paper because it was nice and white (if not archival) and cheap. I wasn't amazed with it but it did me pretty solid.

My main interests in paper are something cheap like that for general printing, and then a baryta style paper for portfolio stuff.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Paul

sully75
10-Jan-2012, 00:43
fuggedit. I found my profile I think. Still not that pleased with the results.

Edwardv
11-Jan-2012, 16:03
I am using Epson paper: Cold Press Bright Textured Matte; Hot Press Bright Smooth Matte; and Exhibition Fiber Paper Gloss. These are my favorite papers to use for gallery and personal work

:)

Preston
11-Jan-2012, 17:23
Paul,

Since you like ultra-premium presentation matte paper and use it a lot, have you considered having someone generate a custom profile for you? Doing so would not be that costly and you'd likely recoup the cost in short order through paper and ink savings.

--P