PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 LF Print Exchange Vote

darr
2-Jan-2012, 08:59
If you are interested in participating in a 2011/2012 LF Print Exchange, please cast your vote. Prints submitted for this exchange must have been made in 2011-2012 and cannot be duplicates from any other print exchange.

Please read this post before you vote, (replace "2010/2011" with 2011/2012) for more info: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=70763

Poll closes on January 15th. If we receive 40 or more participants, I will volunteer to coordinate. If someone else would like to coordinate the exchange, please post in this thread.

Kind regards,
Darr

Scott Walker
2-Jan-2012, 10:22
I would be happy to coordinate it for you Darr.
I am in Canada so it would likely mean a small increase in shipping time and cost though, due to more cross border shipping.
If no one from the US is willing to do this for you I will check what would be expected for shipping times and cost.

And, I am in again this year :)

redrockcoulee
2-Jan-2012, 10:26
Darr

I will participate this year for sure. You have done such a wonderful job the two years I did. Thanks

Scott

So far from the postings it is an all Alberta exchange :)

darr
2-Jan-2012, 11:29
I would be happy to coordinate it for you Darr.
I am in Canada so it would likely mean a small increase in shipping time and cost though, due to more cross border shipping.
If no one from the US is willing to do this for you I will check what would be expected for shipping times and cost.

And, I am in again this year :)

Thanks Scott! I appreciate your offer if it becomes necessary!

Here are some of the factors I am dealing with since I will be working out-of-town a lot more this year and may need to hand the print exchange duties over to someone else:

I can coordinate the exchange if the participants can deal with my post office pick-ups being 2x a week and not daily.

The largest percentage of participants from past exchanges are U.S. based. It would make economic sense if the packets were shipped from the U.S. I have always been conscious of international participants paying in upwards of $38.00 US for shipping when U.S. participants pay as low as $5.85 US. Canadians I believe have paid ~ $25 US. So if we turn that equation around, I fear less participation. This of course does not reflect current postage costs.

So a simple question for participants to answer is: "Can you have a bit of patience on the receiver end?" I would sort and get shipments ready on weekends as I have always done in the past, but I will not be able to post daily updates.

Kind regards,
Darr

redrockcoulee
2-Jan-2012, 11:44
Darr

It is not as if we are mailing livers for transplants or live puppies. Whatever is convenient for yourself works for me.

cdholden
2-Jan-2012, 11:46
I've not been a part of previous exchanges, but would like to this year. I would expect you to post daily updates if you were getting paid to do so. With this being specfically a non-commercial forum, I'm happy you've volunteered to do it at all.
I look forward to seeing this exchange come together.

Thanks,
Chris

dsphotog
2-Jan-2012, 12:22
I'm in, and no pressure on delivery/ updates for Darr. I have participated the last 2 or 3 years, and really enjoy it.

Richard A Johnson
2-Jan-2012, 13:06
Hello Darr, happy New Year. Yes I would love to participate this year so count me IN.

Richard

Andrew O'Neill
2-Jan-2012, 15:17
I haven't participated for a while so I MIGHT participate this time. I wouldn't want this to become an all Alberta thing...:)

mdm
2-Jan-2012, 16:10
I will make it this year, but can we have smaller groups, 10 is doable but a lot of work. 5 to a group makes it a lot more paractical for alt process, maybe we could have a carbon group, I really would like to see some carbon prints other than mine (reading some of the maybe names). I will start printing within the next few weeks so it dosent sneak up.

cdholden
2-Jan-2012, 16:14
I will make it this year, but can we have smaller groups, 10 is doable but a lot of work. 5 to a group makes it a lot more paractical for alt process, maybe we could have a carbon group, I really would like to see some carbon prints other than mine (reading some of the maybe names). I will start printing within the next few weeks so it dosent sneak up.

I'm waiting for chemicals to try my hand at the process. Hopefully, I can move it along to put out some decent prints in time. If not, there's always SG (silver gelatin, not Suicide Girls!)

ghostcount
2-Jan-2012, 17:45
Count me in.

munz6869
2-Jan-2012, 18:19
I'd love to be in it again - the prints from last year were extraordinary!

Marc!

John Bowen
2-Jan-2012, 18:26
Hi Darr,

Funny how things work out.....
I was printing in my darkroom for the first time in quite a while, about two weeks ago, and had to remove prints from the drying screens prior to loading up new prints. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I had made 11 final prints of the same negative. I normally make 3-5 prints of a negative. Now that I see this thread it reminds me that I never shipped out the prints last year, so I guess I'm 90% of the way done with the prints for the 2012 print exchange. All I need to do is tone 'em and ship 'em.

So.........count me in!

Roger Cole
2-Jan-2012, 19:35
Count me in! Last year I missed it and didn't have the darkroom going again yet. I said I'd have ten prints ready to go this year. Well I don't have that but I DO have the darkroom ready to go, so I'm in!

Oh and the art loving girlfriend who motivated me to get back into photography that I mentioned last year is now my fiance. Wedding date is the same as the print ship deadline, March 31st. :)

One question - it says they can't be the same as used in any other print exchange. I assume that means ANY other print exchange and not just one done here on the LFPF? I've been participating in the one over on FADU (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php) and so far sent three prints, two of which were done with a view camera and thus otherwise eligible.

It shouldn't be a problem doing some from a "new to any print exchange" negative but those could be knocked out easily from printing notes, should I get too close to the deadline. :o

MIke Sherck
2-Jan-2012, 19:35
I'm in, and getting to the post office whenever convenient is fine with me. We're fortunate that you're willing to put yourself through this at all, let alone march to a schedule!

Mike

Scott Walker
2-Jan-2012, 19:51
Oh and the art loving girlfriend who motivated me to get back into photography that I mentioned last year is now my fiance. Wedding date is the same as the print ship deadline, March 31st. :)

Don't see any conflict there :rolleyes: :D :D

Roger Cole
2-Jan-2012, 19:58
Don't see any conflict there :rolleyes: :D :D

Me either. I'll have the prints done well before the wedding and honeymoon.

Or if by some obstacle I don't, I have the perfect excuse. ;)

J/K, don't anticipate any problem getting them done on time.

Roger Cole
2-Jan-2012, 19:59
Oh yeah, and no problem on twice a week or whatever works. The format of this exchange lends itself to a slower pace and a nice big packet o' prints. Even once a month would probably be fine.

Scott Walker
2-Jan-2012, 20:14
Darr, I have to agree with Roger and pretty much everyone else that has spoken up so far.
Not a problem at all if you can only get to this once or twice a week.

Barrie B.
2-Jan-2012, 21:32
Barrie B. Melbourne , Australia :
Yes I would like to be involved in your ' Print Exchange ' , I missed the last one ................................... Cheers Barrie B.

darr
3-Jan-2012, 07:32

David,
I understand your dilemma, but it is not worth all the costs for many if they receive a small packet--10 prints IMO is a reasonable packet for the costs, work, and motivation involved.

I will not support a separate group within the print exchange and encourage anyone to organize and coordinate a different (i.e. alternative process) print exchange independently. I do these print exchanges for a few reasons, the foremost being the sharing of work and processes. You do not have to send 10 alternate process prints--you can mix it up to 5 alt /5 silver etc., 4/6, etc.

What we want is for you to participate and share your work!! :)

Kind regards,
Darr

darr
3-Jan-2012, 07:33
Thanks everyone for your understanding of my current schedule.
I can assure you that I can give at least 2 week day updates!!
I will coordinate the exchange if we reach our 40 participant goal!!

:)
Darr

jb7
3-Jan-2012, 07:40
Thanks for all your work on this Darr- and on all the previous exchanges.
you'll be a very hard act to follow- though I don't think there'll be less than 40...

mdm
3-Jan-2012, 12:29
Ok, 10 is fine. I have a big light now and can easily expose 4 prints at a time, 3 exposures and its done, in theory anyway. I am in.

mikezvi
3-Jan-2012, 13:00
I would participate!

mdm
3-Jan-2012, 17:26
25 + 10 Maybe votes = 35

Roger Cole
3-Jan-2012, 18:16
25 + 10 Maybe votes = 35

One day after the original post - we'll make 40.

Milton Tierney
4-Jan-2012, 15:16
I'm in.

Milton Tierney

biedron
4-Jan-2012, 16:19
Count me in!

venchka
5-Jan-2012, 08:15
Darr,

Thanks from all of us for your continued hard wrok to make these print exchages a huge success! No worries about the delivery schedule. Take care of your schedule first. The prints will arrive when they arrive. That is fine with me.

Wayne

algarzai
5-Jan-2012, 14:08
I want to participate as well. Thanks for coordinating this.

ypres.bass
5-Jan-2012, 14:51
when is deadline, please?
thanks

Patrik Roseen
5-Jan-2012, 16:14
Hello Darr,
I just voted YES!

Please count me in this year too.

Kindly,
Patrik

walterb
6-Jan-2012, 04:08
Darr,
Please count me in also.
WalterB

madmax12
6-Jan-2012, 05:43
I am in again this year. Loved the images I got last year.

darr
6-Jan-2012, 10:56
when is deadline, please?
thanks

It will be posted after this poll has closed "officially."
Deadline for signing up as a participant is February 1st 2012;
Deadline for shipping prints will be Friday, March 30th 2012.

darr
6-Jan-2012, 10:59
Thanks everybody for the wonderful comments!!
It is you guys that make it happen--I am just your coordinator! :)

Please continue to post your responses to the survey because it will make the participant list for me. I will start a new post with the official stuff (i.e., dates, rules, etc.) after the poll closes on 1/15.

Kind regards,
Darr

winterclock
6-Jan-2012, 19:08
I make it 40 and am looking forward to doing this my first time. Thanks Darr!

Stephane
7-Jan-2012, 00:54
Darr, please count me in!

darr
7-Jan-2012, 05:58
Hooray--We made it!
Please add your "YES" to this poll if you are participating.

Kind regards,
Darr

RTucker
7-Jan-2012, 06:42
Im a big yes, I might even pick out my print to print today.

ghostcount
7-Jan-2012, 09:42
Yes

ConnorR
7-Jan-2012, 12:16
Definite yes. I'll print in the coming days.

cdholden
7-Jan-2012, 12:39
Yep.

Chuck Pere
7-Jan-2012, 17:07
Yes for me.

grahamcase
7-Jan-2012, 23:42
I would really like to participate. I guess it's time to make some photographs!

David R Munson
8-Jan-2012, 04:23
I can't do it this time around, as I'm moving between continents again and just won't be able to print reliably, but all the same wanted to voice my support for the print exchange. It's a great idea and as soon as I have the means to participate, I intend to.

Dan Dozer
9-Jan-2012, 16:57
If it's not too late, I would like to participate. I've never tried this before - sounds like lots of fun.

Dan

Mark_C
9-Jan-2012, 20:42
I'd like to participate as well - yes.

-Mark_C

al olson
11-Jan-2012, 05:39
Enjoyed the previous exchanges and wish to participate again. I will be shipping at the very end of March because I will not be returning to my darkroom until near that time.

David Aimone
11-Jan-2012, 12:24
Been away for a while and just returned. I'm in again!

mhulsman
11-Jan-2012, 14:00
Count me in, great idea!

mcfactor
11-Jan-2012, 15:46
I'm in!

Steven Tribe
16-Jan-2012, 13:52
Yes, I would like to take part too!

darr
16-Jan-2012, 14:27
Visit this thread to post your request for participation: