PDA

View Full Version : Cable Release for Studio Shutter?

Tim Layton
16-Dec-2011, 20:44
I have recently got a wonderful 14 1/2" Verito in a Studio shutter and need a cable release that will work with this. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tim

Jan Pedersen
16-Dec-2011, 20:56
Not sure where to find them but Geepe (Sorry if misspelled) make some with a long throw that works well with the studio shutters as well as the large Ilex shutters.
There are others such as Linhoffs that have a long enough throw to activate the shutter. I have a few and found them all on the auction site.

Tim Layton
16-Dec-2011, 21:27
I found a cable release in my bag that worked. It is the Gepe Pro Cable Release with Zeiss Disk-Lock - 20". It has a 21mm long throw that you need.

Available at Midwest Photo Exchange
http://mpex.com/gepe-pro-cable-release-with-zeiss-disk-lock-20-quot.html

Tim

manet
17-Dec-2011, 06:28
Have a look here :

http://www.drahtauslöser.com/SITE/index.html

jp

jnantz
17-Dec-2011, 13:31
if you can get a degroff piston off ebay
( and old engraved one ) and some blood pressure hose and a bulb
you will have the best release you can find for that shutter.

Bob Salomon
17-Dec-2011, 15:16
Have a look here :

jp

The shipping charge to the US is 9.50 Euro so the price is the same, or more then the Gepe is in the US and they are closed till Jan 6. Add the 5 day delivery and compare that wait to calling a US dealer today and having it shipped on this Monday and possibly having it Tuesday. Or just going into a store near you, if there is one, and walking out with one.

r.e.
17-Dec-2011, 18:11
Have a look here :

jp

This site contains some good information on various styles of release and mechanisms.

B&H and Badger Graphic carry some of their releases and some lengths, but not the whole range. Depending on what one wants, it may make sense to order direct.

Bob Salomon
17-Dec-2011, 19:10
This site contains some good information on various styles of release and mechanisms.

B&H and Badger Graphic carry some of their releases and some lengths, but not the whole range. Depending on what one wants, it may make sense to order direct.

We stock more then 30 different releases from Gepe. It would make no sense to import it yourself when any camera store in the USA can have them next day at a lower price.

r.e.
17-Dec-2011, 19:31
We stock more then 30 different releases from Gepe. It would make no sense to import it yourself when any camera store in the USA can have them next day at a lower price.

It's great that you import 30 of them, but I can't find more than a few on the usual web sites. Is there a list somewhere of which ones you import?

In an on-line world, it is for many people just easier to buy on-line than to e-mail, call or visit a dealer to see whether they can get the part and, if so, how long it will take and how much it will cost.

That is particularly true in this case. I have costed out buying releases directly from Gepe in Germany, and the fact of the matter is that it is competitive, and with no running around to find out whether I can get what I want, and when, and at what price, locally. In fact, in some cases it is cheaper, and especially so if one orders more than one.

I say this as someone whose first preference as a vendor is not one of the discounters, but FotoCare. It's just easier to see the whole range on the German site and order what I want.

If you have a list of the 30, and can say that they are in stock and can be delivered promptly, I'd love to see the list. Because right now I want to order three or four Gepe releases, and it is clear that I can get what I want directly from Germany for quite a bit less than it would cost from B&H or Badger Graphic, if they had exactly what I want, which they don't.

All of this aside, the Gepe site has a lot of good information on it about release styles and mechanisms that is very helpful. Good stuff regardless of where one buys.

Jay DeFehr
17-Dec-2011, 21:04
I have the same lens/shutter, and got lucky finding a release that works in my bins of accessories. I don't know what the brand is, but it's red, and stays with the lens. Enjoy your lens!

r.e.
17-Dec-2011, 22:29

Anyway Bob, I'm looking forward to seeing the list of 30 Gepe releases that I can get in any camera store in the USA in 24 hours, which I assume you can give us, together with the prices that you say are lower than what I would have to pay if I ordered from Gepe Germany.

Bob Salomon
18-Dec-2011, 06:07
Anyway Bob, I'm looking forward to seeing the list of 30 Gepe releases that I can get in any camera store in the USA in 24 hours, which I assume you can give us, together with the prices that you say are lower than what I would have to pay if I ordered from Gepe Germany.

Just call and ask your camera store. They all have our information. We did not list them on the net. Currently we have 10 cloth ones, 12, PVC covered ones, 2 Metal Weave ones, 5 steel covered ones, the Profi version, 4 heavy duty black spiral steel ones, a L and an U adapters and the Wide Angle Cable Release Adapter.

So that is 33 different releases from Gepe-Pro along with 3 adapters. We also have 5 cable releases from Linhof and about a dozen from Kaiser.

All are Made in Germany.