PDA

View Full Version : Gallery closed

Wayne Lambert
6-Dec-2011, 14:43
I have closed the gallery that I recently opened in Santa Fe. The reasons actually are unrelated to the operation of the gallery, nor do they involve health issues. Just one of those turns in life. The gallery did not attain self-supporting status but did do pretty well considering the brief time it was open. I sold seven prints in two and one-half months. All were ink-jet prints, no platinum. I'm not sure why no platinum sold, but I'm thinking that I just had no "platinum-type" buyers/collectors visit the gallery in the short time I was open. Some buyers perhaps just wanted a photograph and the ink-jet were less expensive. The ink-jet prints did look nice and most of the buyers didn't seem to be very concerned about print type; they seemed to like the subject and the printing.

I want to thank all well wishers and those who have helped and supported the gallery. I am planning to stay in Santa Fe and will be working on some long-postponed projects.

Thanks,
Wayne

al olson
6-Dec-2011, 17:13
I'm sorry to hear that, Wayne. I was hoping to visit your gallery the next time I get down to Santa Fe. I was hoping you would see great success. Oh well, there is still Kirk's show at the Governor's Palace.

Kirk Gittings
6-Dec-2011, 17:34
Damn I'm sorry I missed it! Though I have to say I thought it was a real dice role in this economy.

Eric Biggerstaff
7-Dec-2011, 08:26
Sorry to hear about this Wayne! I was hoping you would be open for my next trip down. Glad to hear you will be staying in the area and working on proejcts. I think your platinum prints are amongst the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Best of luck on your new path.

Eric

Chauncey Walden
7-Dec-2011, 09:12
Ditto with Eric. I hope that at least we will be able to see some of your prints at other Santa Fe galleries.
Chauncey

Kirk Gittings
7-Dec-2011, 09:46
I had a talk with Andrew Smith at his gallery a few months back. He was telling me that while vintage was still selling well-work by cont. photographers was very flat.

So don't feel bad. Your work is superb!

Anybody in the area should visit the Andrew Smith Gallery and Verve.......and I'm sure if you twisted his arm, Wayne would show you his work too!

atlcruiser
7-Dec-2011, 10:53
Nothing ventured nothing gained! I am sorry to hear it closed but the act of doing it was a success and well worth the time and effort :)

Ray Van Nes
7-Dec-2011, 10:59
Hello Wayne. So sorry to hear that you had close. I feel very privileged to be one of those who was one of the purchasers at your new location. Something we photographers do not do as often enough is purchase the work of others. Your piece is in pride of place. I hope we can stay in touch.

I wish all the best in your future ventures.
Ray

Wayne Lambert
10-Dec-2011, 11:30
Thanks very much for your comments. Actually, it would take hardly any arm twisting at all. But I would look forward more to visiting and talking shop with you and any other LFers who are visiting Santa Fe. Let me know when you are headed this way. And if chile is of interest, I know some places.
Wayne