PDA

View Full Version : New Book "The Century Studio Camera"

Jay Allen
6-Dec-2011, 07:08
The Century Studio Camera took almost all of the professional portraits in America in the first half of the twentith century but most modern photographers know nothing about this classic camera. The new book was anounced in mid-October at the International Museum of Photography during Jay Allen's presentation about the Century Studio Camera. After 15 years of research the book has finally been written. It is two books in one, a book about the camera and a book about the camera's lenses. If interested in purchasing this limited edition book conact Jay Allen @ 317-684-1888 in Indianapolis.

ScottPhotoCo
8-Aug-2016, 09:48
Did this ever get produced? Looks interesting.

Luis-F-S
8-Aug-2016, 11:49
Jay, if it did, can we get an idea of the cost? Thanks, L

Barrie B.
12-Aug-2016, 16:51
Jay, if it did, can we get an idea of the cost? Thanks, L

Cost , number of pages & weight .
Cost of postage to Australia may be an issue .
Cheers Barrie B.
-------------------------------

mikl
14-Aug-2016, 17:04
Nothing came up on an Amazon search.
I would love one if they exist, just restoring my 9A
Michael

Mark Sawyer
14-Aug-2016, 17:32
There's an article on the book in the Jan/Feb 2112 issue of View Camera. It states the book can be purchased directly from Jay Allen for $65 + $5 s&h. Sounds like a very small run self-published book, so it may be impossible to find elsewhere.

Also see this thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?84101-New-Book-for-sale-quot-The-Century-Studio-Camera

mikl
14-Aug-2016, 20:30
Thanks Mark, the Amazon search was only really to find out if there were second hand ones, usually the only way to find a rare or very limited book. I will look Jay up, very very interested.
Michael