PDA

View Full Version : Zone system sticker for Pentax spotmeter.

Rob Barker
15-Oct-2003, 01:44
I have been after a zone system sticker for my Pentax digital spotmeter for a while now but have yet to find one. I know I could make one but want something that looks professional!

I am aware that Zone VI produced one, but can't find a link to them on the web.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

William Marderness
15-Oct-2003, 02:09
Calumet sells them.

Tim Curry
15-Oct-2003, 06:22
I think it was last year in View Camera Magazine, there was an article about this subject. The author had a nice graphic which could be made on a regular office copy machine and then applied to the meter. Free if you can find the issue.

Jeremy Moore
15-Oct-2003, 07:20
The book Way Beyond Monochrome also has the graphic in it.

tim atherton
15-Oct-2003, 08:35
http://www.calumetphoto.com/syrinx/ctl?PAGE=Controller&ac.ui.pn=cat.CatItemDetail&ac.item.itemNo=ZN6532&ac.cat.CatTreeSearch.detail=y&type=SPDSEARCH

a whole three dollars - but looking at the one I have for my Pentax V its just as easy to make one yourself

tim atherton
15-Oct-2003, 08:38
darn - that was the wrong one... never mind -there's a free one here:

http://www.ktphotonics.co.uk/pdf/ZoneDial.pdf

Rob Barker
15-Oct-2003, 09:38
Thanks all - the Calumet UK site doesn't list them and I drawn a blank on a number of searches. I've ordered from Calumet US, so fingers crossed they'll get here.

tim atherton
15-Oct-2003, 09:46
that freebie pdf one prints off well - just put it on sticky paper or tape it on

tim

Rob Barker
15-Oct-2003, 14:06
Well I'm impressed with Calumet US - they just emailed me to say free postage and it's already in the mail. If USPS are as fast as the cycle team they sponsor, it should be here very soon!

David G. Gagnon
15-Oct-2003, 14:20
Tim,

Have you tried printing that pdf lately? I tried and when it wouldn't print, I did some troubleshooting and found out that it has an encryption that will not allow printing. How about that? !

Thanks for the link anyway!

DG

tim atherton
15-Oct-2003, 14:33
they just put the standard acrobat security on it - if you have acrobat itself (not just the reader) you just go in and switch it off.

I can send you the "unsecure" pdf if you like. It comes out good enough resoltion when it's printed

tim

David G. Gagnon
17-Oct-2003, 10:08
Thank you Tim. It printed out a little different size than the EV numbers on my Pentax Digital Spotmeter, but it is usable.

DG

Rob Barker
20-Oct-2003, 00:35
Well top marks to Calumet US. The stickers arrived here in Tintern, South Wales, yesterday, two days after ordering them online, with only a $5 post and packing charge.

tim atherton
20-Oct-2003, 22:34
Steve Feldman - AOL keeps bouncing the email I'm trying to send you about the zone pdf....

tim