PDA

View Full Version : new website, hopefully of interest...

Tyler Boley
30-Nov-2011, 11:41
http://theagnosticprint.org/

this is a collaboration between myself and some others who have shared mutual interest in, and concern about, maintaining the high standards set by our photographic fine art cultural history, and how that moves forward in this era of rapidly evolving process, materials, state of education, etc.. It is not intended to sell anything, though most of us are service providers of one kind or another. Even though it's primarily about digital, all of us cme from a film background, and darkroom including alternative printing, and most of us either did, or still do, shoot large format film. We will constantly be adding tech stuff and opinion stuff from now forward, and we are opinionated... for us this provides a gathering place about working standards and agenda free reality somewhat lacking on line these days... hope you find it valuable.
Tyler

http://theagnosticprint.org/

mortensen
30-Nov-2011, 12:54
... looks very interesting, indeed!

Mike Anderson
30-Nov-2011, 20:03
Wow, that looks like a great resource. Thanks.

...Mike

Bruce Watson
1-Dec-2011, 12:05
Outstanding! Keep raising the bar!

mdm
1-Dec-2011, 12:34
I have had a good read there. Thanks. Hope you keep it up.

Brian Ellis
1-Dec-2011, 12:52
Looks like a great resource Tyler, thanks for the link.

Are you going to be offering any more workshops any time soon?

Kirk Gittings
1-Dec-2011, 12:54
Looks like it has allot of good potential. Thanks.

Tyler Boley
1-Dec-2011, 19:26
Thanks for the comments, it will update pretty regularly, and will have a wide variety of issues, as can already be seen. Most of them somewhat niche, all of these people are doing unique, and advanced, work, sometimes with little crossover, and never any brand allegiance, though we each have our strong biases, based on our experiences.
Brian, I've only done workshops by invitation, and many have nearly dried up in this economy, except the big guns with whom I have no relationships. I'd love to do some here in my shop, but it requires computers for everyone with up to date software, etc etc. Can't pull that off.
Tyler