PDA

View Full Version : Epson v700 scanner issues/help

feigenbaum
25-Nov-2011, 02:19
I was scanning negatives on my v700 scanner and I ran into a huge problem. See attachments. I removed the colors negatives and scanned, but no issues because it came out black. Has anyone ever had this issue? I am sending epson an email. I'm a running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. :( I restarted the software, computer, and scanner multiple times. I've only had the scanner since late July.

Thanks in advance.

TJV
25-Nov-2011, 04:34
Seems like an electronic / sensor issue. Get it fixed under warranty.

Brent Long
25-Nov-2011, 06:38
Did you simply try scanning a different batch of film? It looks to me like a bad initial calibration for whatever reason, and then it is just sticking with that. I've seen similar, very strange things happen when a scanner gets something wrong with the initial preview/calibration. Also, if possible, try driving the scanner with Vuescan and see if it continues to give you problems. Further, even though you've turned everything off/on, that not always resets things (at least not in the scan software, which is by design). Look for the option to reset everything to defaults.

feigenbaum
25-Nov-2011, 18:26
Seems like an electronic / sensor issue. Get it fixed under warranty.

Thank you for your response :) I got a replacement sent from Epson this morning.

Did you simply try scanning a different batch of film? It looks to me like a bad initial calibration for whatever reason, and then it is just sticking with that. I've seen similar, very strange things happen when a scanner gets something wrong with the initial preview/calibration. Also, if possible, try driving the scanner with Vuescan and see if it continues to give you problems. Further, even though you've turned everything off/on, that not always resets things (at least not in the scan software, which is by design). Look for the option to reset everything to defaults.

Yes I did that and still same issue. I already have the images scanned individually, that I did over the last month. I was making contact sheets when the issue happened. I dis/reconnected everything again and it was normal. Now I have latest version of VueScan installed and same issue came up. Epson is sending a replacement. The tech support guy had no idea what he was talking about so I did not find out what the issue was.

Thank you for trying to help :)