PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the south of the UK

Joe Wright
24-Nov-2011, 10:52
Well I guess it's time to come out of the closet and introduce myself to the world, rather than keep lurking about the forum.

I've recently taken up LF photography, having only ever shot digital; the usual DSLR setup. I've still retained some of my digital gear but it is slowly finding its way onto ebay.

So, having no film experience it was a bit of a steep learning curve but I think I'm picking up the basics now. Most of that learning has come from this site, so a big thanks to eveyone that contributes to the forum.

I use a Toyo 45AII with Nikkor W 150 f5.6, Fuji 250 f6.7 and Nikkor M 300 f9. As to film, purely colour and currently working my way through the different emulsions understanding their characteristics. Ultimately I expect to use both transparency and colour neg.

As to subject, for me it is the natural landscape, favouring the detail and intimate aspects rather than the big view. I'm sure that'll expand but for now it certainly seems to fit neatly in with LF.

I am based in North Wiltshire, towards the SW of the UK ....... anyone else in that area?

I use flickr (www.flickr.com/photos/noddygoestotoytown/) as the sounding board for my images, with those I like finding their way occasionally to my website (www.joewrightphotography.com/) (Much of the work on there is digital but my recent LF work is in the 'what's new' gallery).

Walter Calahan
24-Nov-2011, 11:30
Welcome, and glad to hear you've taken to Large Format. Enjoy the journey.

Steve Smith
24-Nov-2011, 11:31
Welcome from further south!

Steve.

Joe Wright
24-Nov-2011, 11:38
Welcome, and glad to hear you've taken to Large Format. Enjoy the journey.

Thanks Walter, still very much in the honeymoon phase... hoping it lasts a lifetime.