PDA

View Full Version : Female plug on Compur 3 Electronic shutter

Songyun
18-Nov-2011, 13:48
Where can I get these? It is hard to find the 4.5V battery, but if I can get a pair of female plug, I can hook it up with 3 AA battery pack.

John Koehrer
18-Nov-2011, 14:51
Wouldn't it be easier to replace the battery box with AA/AAA batteries?
A simple battery box from Radio Shack or other electronical supply place would hold 'em

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
18-Nov-2011, 15:08
Can you post an image? I recall once doing exactly what you are describing--I think I got the plug from Mouser--but can't remember what the plug looks like.

Songyun
18-Nov-2011, 15:08
Wouldn't it be easier to replace the battery box with AA/AAA batteries?
A simple battery box from Radio Shack or other electronical supply place would hold 'em

This is exactly what I am trying to to, need to find a female plug to connect to the shutter.

Songyun
18-Nov-2011, 15:10
Can you post an image? I recall once doing exactly what you are describing--I think I got the plug from Mouser--but can't remember what the plug looks like.

I saw such a plug in the ebay listing 120814013494. Instead of a big 4.5v battery, I prefer a 3-AA battery box.

Gary Beasley
18-Nov-2011, 15:21
I used crimp connectors to hook up my batteries. They slid onto the posts snugly after I crimped the battery wires on them. I found it worked quite well with just two AAA batteries.