PDA

View Full Version : Gum-Platinum Exhibition in Yosemite

Kerik Kouklis
5-Nov-2011, 01:13
The Ansel Adams Gallery is exhibiting a selection of my platinum/palladium and gum over platinum prints from now until the end of the year. The exhibit entitled "Uncommon Views" consists primarily of landscapes printed at 17x17 and 16x20 with some smaller 8x8 and 8x10 prints as well. Most of the images were made on medium format film and a couple started as tintypes. There is an opening reception on November 12 from 1 to 3 pm and I'll be there.

So, if you end up in Yosemite before 2012, stop by the gallery and check it out.

-Kerik

http://www.kerik.com/uncommonviews_2s.jpg

http://www.kerik.com/uncommonviews_1s.jpg

Jim Fitzgerald
5-Nov-2011, 06:33
Kerik, congratulations on the show! I may be there that weekend and I'll come to the opening if I make it up!

William Whitaker
5-Nov-2011, 07:53
That looks wonderful Kerik. Congratulations! I wish I could attend...

Tri Tran
5-Nov-2011, 09:18
Love the title. Congrats Kerik. It looks awesome! Good luck and have fun at the opening reception.

Mark Woods
5-Nov-2011, 09:54
Congrats. Beautiful work that deserves to be displayed there.

Darin Boville
5-Nov-2011, 10:24
Looks fantastic. Congrats.

In fact, I *will* be up there sometime soon. Not sure of the date yet but certainly before the end of the year. Looking forward to seeing your prints in person again--haven't seen one in the flesh since we were in that exhibit together, way back in AOL FAB days, in Richmond.

--Darin

Vaughn
5-Nov-2011, 11:27
Looks to be a fine show! Congrats!

Wish I had the excuse to drop by the Valley like I used to! Hope to be able to see it!

Vaughn

Kerik Kouklis
5-Nov-2011, 17:06
Thanks, people! Jim, I hope you make it. It'd be nice to meet you.

Got an email from the gallery today. They sold a piece already. Hope that's a good omen!

Jim Fitzgerald
5-Nov-2011, 17:16
Thanks, people! Jim, I hope you make it. It'd be nice to meet you.

Got an email from the gallery today. They sold a piece already. Hope that's a good omen!

Kerik. I'll be there on Friday along with some snow? My two son's are coming with me on this trip. I'll be sure to stop by for the opening as I love the work and it will be nice to meet you. If you see someone with a 14x17 in the valley that will be me! Bringing the 8x10 also.

Steve Nieslony
5-Nov-2011, 19:24
Most Excellent Kerik! Congrats on the show, the sale - may there be many, many more!!!

Steve

bob carnie
6-Nov-2011, 06:38
Kerik

I wish I could see this show, congradulations.

Monty McCutchen
6-Nov-2011, 07:05
Kerik,

It looks beautiful up. Hope it goes as great as it looks,

Monty

Jeremy Moore
6-Nov-2011, 10:35
show looks great, Kerik!!

Tav Walraven
6-Nov-2011, 19:55
Congrats Kerik. Looks like a great show. Where are the 12x20s? !!!!

Tav

Capocheny
7-Nov-2011, 00:39
Hi Kerik,

Looks like a great show! It would be nice to attend but, alas...

Work gets in the way of life!

Best of luck on the sale. :)

Cheers

PViapiano
7-Nov-2011, 22:07
Looks beautiful, Kerik...wish I could make it up there for the opening. Hmmm...

Congrats!

Wayne Lambert
10-Nov-2011, 17:45
Congratulations, Kerik. Beautifully presented show. Would very much like to see it.
Wayne

Merg Ross
10-Nov-2011, 21:34
Congratulations, Kerik! Stunning work and beautifully presented.

Jim Fitzgerald
14-Nov-2011, 17:57
Kerik, the work was beautiful! I'm very glad I got to meet you and have you explain this beautiful imagery. Sorry I did not make the dinner but my son and I passed out from the days events very early.

Anyone close should check out the work it is well worth the visit.

Kerik Kouklis
14-Nov-2011, 20:34
Thanks again all! Jim, it was great to meet you finally as well. Too bad you missed the dinner because it was a BLAST, but I know how tiring schlepping a 14x17 can be.

Keith S. Walklet
23-Nov-2011, 10:45
I was fortunate to see this earlier in the month. Gorgeous... which isn't a surprise. Great to see such a broad selection on the walls all at the same time. Congrats!

Kerik Kouklis
29-Nov-2011, 15:00
Thanks, Keith. I hope our paths will cross in the Park again one day... Sure miss those BBQs at Glenn's.

Jim Fitzgerald
29-Nov-2011, 15:19
Kerik, I can't wait to see the work again on my next visit to the park. Anyone in the park should not miss this. Congratulations again on the beautiful work.