PDA

View Full Version : Translucent roll paper options for diffusing light on subjects?

Ted Stoddard
2-Nov-2011, 09:05
What is a good option for lighting objects thru a diffusion roll paper onto subjects my light source will be a 2k blonde?

It has to be a diffusion roll of paper that can be put on a background stand and rolled out what do you guys recommend to buy for this type of work?

Any available that are fire proof or heat resistant?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance....

Ted

Frank Petronio
2-Nov-2011, 09:15
http://setshop.com/light-control/set-shop-diffusion-1

Robert Ley
3-Nov-2011, 05:58
B&H in NYC has Savage Translum in a 54" roll x 18' for about $39+ This is great stuff and I have used it in the past...works great.

Here is the linkhttps://secure.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=SATLM&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

Bob Salomon
3-Nov-2011, 06:26
Rosco makes great stuff.

Daniel Stone
7-Nov-2011, 22:50
Try a white bedsheet. Most homes have one already so its easy to find.

Rosco and Lee make great diffusion rolls/sheets too.

-Dan

vinny
8-Nov-2011, 07:53
The good stuff by lee, rosco, gam, isn't cheap. Lee 250 is a good medium diffusion to start with. A bed sheet or bleached muslin will work too. Ut it's much heavier and eats up much more light. Shower curtain for really light diffusion.

BarryS
8-Nov-2011, 08:33
Depending on the amount of diffusion you want, the LEE diffusion filters are a good choice. There's 250 (.75 stop loss), 216 (1.5 stops), and 251 (.33 stop)--all three are popular. As Vinny mentioned. the LEE 250 is a good start. Rosco will have equivalents. These filters are designed for film and theatrical use, so they're probably more fireproof than a bed sheet, but you still need to be careful about not putting the material too close to your 2K.

DrTang
9-Nov-2011, 09:16
I've used white ripstop nylon before - it rolls up nicely and is light weight

keep it a bit away from the fixture though

What is a good option for lighting objects thru a diffusion roll paper onto subjects my light source will be a 2k blonde?

It has to be a diffusion roll of paper that can be put on a background stand and rolled out what do you guys recommend to buy for this type of work?

Any available that are fire proof or heat resistant?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance....

Ted