PDA

View Full Version : John Sexton Lecture Nov 3, 2011 - Manchester, NH

John Sexton
25-Oct-2011, 01:53
JOHN SEXTON LECTURE
NEW HAMPSHIRE INSTITUTE OF ART
MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2011 - 6:30 PM

I am honored to have been invited to be a part of the Distinguished American Artists lecture series offered by the New Hampshire Institute of Art in Manchester, New Hampshire. I will be presenting my lecture Inspirations: An Evening With Photographer John Sexton on November 3 at 6:30 pm.

I am flattered to share the series with Alice Aycock and Chris Van Allsburg – two American artists whose works are remarkable and inspiring. Alice Aycock has created sculptural-architectural installations throughout the world. Two-time Caldecott Medal-winner Chris Van Allsburg has drawn readers into a magical, even surreal, world through his illustrated picture books, which include Jumanji and The Polar Express.

The event is open to the public. Tickets are $20 for my lecture, and $50 for the entire series. I will be talking about my own photography, as well as the time I spent working side-by-side with Ansel as his photographic and technical assistant. Along with my public lecture, I will be spending Friday with the photography students at the Institute. I am looking forward to this opportunity to meet the students, sharing information and images with them, and trying to answer their questions. If any of my subscribers are in the area, it would be great to see you at the lecture. In addition, please let your friends know about the event.
You can purchase tickets online at the New Hampshire Institute of Art web site (http://www.nhia.edu/john-sexton-2/).

For more information contact:
Suzanne Lenz
New Hampshire Institute of Art
Phone: 603-836-2547
suzannelenz@nhia.edu

http://www.nhia.edu/artist-lecture-series/

ViewCameraNut
25-Oct-2011, 09:20
Congrats John, well deserved! Best of luck, not that you will need it though :)Sincerely, Mike C.

My Galleries: www.pbase.com/jakeyferret

Mark Woods
25-Oct-2011, 09:27
John, I'm sure the people who can make it will enjoy your presentation more than they think. BTW, is that offer to have a beer still open when I'm in Carmel? (I'm the DP that drove to Tuscon to hear you speak about AA.)

John Sexton
25-Oct-2011, 10:17
John, I'm sure the people who can make it will enjoy your presentation more than they think. BTW, is that offer to have a beer still open when I'm in Carmel? (I'm the DP that drove to Tuscon to hear you speak about AA.)

Mark - I vividly remember meeting you in Tucson. I was so impressed that you drove so far for my lecture. I look forward to the next time our paths will cross.

John

John Sexton
25-Oct-2011, 10:20
Subscribe to my email newsletter

For those that would like to be kept up to date on my photographic activities, please feel free to subscribe to my email newsletter. We send out about 4 to 6 newsletters a year. We NEVER share your contact information with ANYONE.

You are also invited to subscribe to my postal mailing list as well.

Simply send and email note to:

info [at] johnsexton.com

Harley Goldman
25-Oct-2011, 15:16
I saw John in Santa Barbara several years ago and it was an excellent and entertaining presentation. I highly recommend attending!

I also met John while we both were photographing in Stoneman Meadow in the snow one morning last February. Hi again, John.

John Kasaian
25-Oct-2011, 22:10
I went to a John Sexton lecure at the Fresno Art Museum awhile back---and it was GREAT!
If you ever have the chance to attend, jump on it!

rdenney
26-Oct-2011, 14:44
Dagnabbit! I'm actually going to be in Concord on the 1st, but have to be back down here on the 2nd and can't stay over.

Rick "so close" Denney

Larry Gebhardt
26-Oct-2011, 18:35
I've put it on the calendar.

Robert Oliver
26-Oct-2011, 19:59
I saw his lecture at Cal State San Marcos... remarkable. Very inspiring.

John Sexton
28-Oct-2011, 12:43
I just heard from the New Hampshire Institute of Art that the event is nearly sold out!!! While this pleases me, I wanted to advise Forum readers to be sure and check with the Institute to reserve a seat before driving a distance only to be turned away. Looking forward to seeing some of you have emailed me that you will be attending!

Mark Woods
28-Oct-2011, 19:18
Knock 'em out John!