PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 45 N-1 camera operating manual

Ken Hoffman
21-Oct-2011, 18:16
Hi,
I'm a new member. I just purchased a Chamonix 45N-1 large format field camera on EBAY. The camera looks brand new and is georgeous. The only thing missing was an instruction manual. I looked on the Butkus website but found nothing there. Does anyone have a manual who would be willing to scan and forward to me?
I'd very much appreciate that.

Thank you.

Ken Hoffman
gogiants3@yahoo.com

Jfnphotography
21-Oct-2011, 19:06
I don't think they ever made a manual for the camera. Here is a good video on how to use the camera. It's for the new model but not much changed on the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEJ0GMWJk-Y

Jeffrey Sipress
21-Oct-2011, 19:22
There ain't one.

Brian Ellis
22-Oct-2011, 09:20
Hi,
I'm a new member. I just purchased a Chamonix 45N-1 large format field camera on EBAY. The camera looks brand new and is georgeous. The only thing missing was an instruction manual. I looked on the Butkus website but found nothing there. Does anyone have a manual who would be willing to scan and forward to me?
I'd very much appreciate that.

Thank you.

Ken Hoffman
gogiants3@yahoo.com

As others have said, there's no manual. When I bought my Chamonix I had previously owned about 10 different LF cameras. I didn't think there was anything I couldn't figure out about any LF camera without help from anyone. But the Chamonix threw me in a couple ways I no longer remember. So I asked here and got the help I needed.

This is by way of suggesting that if you have any problems just search here, especially in the messages from the first year or so after the camera first came on the market, when people were asking quite a few questions. Since you have the first version, everything back then should be directly applicable to your camera.

Ken Hoffman
25-Oct-2011, 04:39
I don't think they ever made a manual for the camera. Here is a good video on how to use the camera. It's for the new model but not much changed on the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEJ0GMWJk-Y

Thank you. This video was very helpful. But frankly just playing with the Chamonix I was able to figure out most of the moves.

Thanks again.
Ken

Ken Hoffman
25-Oct-2011, 04:40
Thanks, Brian.
Ken