PDA

View Full Version : Why do some people embarrass themselves?

Dr Klaus Schmitt
20-Oct-2011, 14:59
Go read 'bay 300612570611 - I was cracking up, not just about the typos... :D

Sevo
20-Oct-2011, 15:14
Rather sad really. That guy seems to be a Hollywood casualty of almost classic proportions - probably even talented (apart from a tendency to dyslexia), but gone to waste (and a life as a lifeguard and amateur filmmaker) as a celebrity brat...

Dr Klaus Schmitt
21-Oct-2011, 05:51
Sad indeed Sevo!

E. von Hoegh
21-Oct-2011, 07:21
Free shipping!!

Nathan Potter
21-Oct-2011, 12:13
Awful! I'm tempted to seek asylum in a foreign country.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

johnielvis
21-Oct-2011, 22:58
I don't get it.

what's the joke?

David R Munson
21-Oct-2011, 23:14
What I don't get is why people don't still just post an actual URL, instead of an auction number. Or, for that matter, why people still refer to "that auction site." It's eBay. Everyone knows it's eBay. What gives?

Two23
22-Oct-2011, 21:28
Hey, thanks for the link. I could use a lens that has a built in de-icer!:D

Kent in SD

Paul Fitzgerald
23-Oct-2011, 09:53
"What I don't get is why people don't still just post an actual URL, instead of an auction number."

because a lot of site do not want you to post links to live auctions.

Dan Fromm
23-Oct-2011, 10:56
"What I don't get is why people don't still just post an actual URL, instead of an auction number."

because a lot of site do not want you to post links to live auctions.True. But this site allows it in, it seems, all sections, if that's the right word, but FS/WTB.

That said, cutting and pasting an auction # isn't a great burden.

Sylvain Halgand's site http://www.collection-appareils.fr/phpBB3/index.php has a section Perles d'Ebay dedicated to bizarre listings there. His rule is that posters should post a screen shot rather than a link or auction number. This because the auctions are ephemeral and the hilarity should not die with them.

K. Praslowicz
23-Oct-2011, 11:08
Or, for that matter, why people still refer to "that auction site." It's eBay. Everyone knows it's eBay. What gives?

I asked that same question on RFF a few years ago. I think the most coherent response was "I got screwed over once!"

I'm still left wondering.

lecarp
23-Oct-2011, 13:44
I think he probably did not set out to embarrass himself.

You may well have embarrassed him with your post. I assume you have no faults.

P.S. His feedback on ebay (yes I did use it) is large and perfect so I assume he is honest and not an ass.

Uri A
27-Oct-2011, 21:34
okay i bite as well: whats so funny?