PDA

View Full Version : 5" Sinar filters

Michael Scarbrough
18-Sep-2003, 00:50
Does anyone have a suggestion for a supplier of quality 5" (125 mm) neutral density grad filters that will fit a Sinar filterholder? I currently have several filters and a system of ring adapters, polarizer, etc. and would like to stay with the system I have, but I need to find a 0.9 NDG filter, and in the event of loss or damage, a source for future replacements.

Walter Glover
18-Sep-2003, 06:28
Michael,

I can't help you but I would like to add that I am after Sinar 125mm Red and Yellow filters.

I forget the name of the company in Wales which made the filters - pretty sure they make many of the acryllic filters - perhaps they may be able to impersonate the cavalry and come to the rescue.

James Driscoll
18-Sep-2003, 09:39
walter, try fotocare for the 125mm red and yellow filters- they bought out the stock of filters from sinar-bron in the USA when they discontinued them.

212-741-2990 ask for tommy- he is the LF guy over there.

Walter Glover
19-Sep-2003, 03:56
Thank you james, I shall.

WG

Lars Åke Vinberg
19-Sep-2003, 16:01
Supposedly, the Sinar acrylic filters are made by Formatt, www.formatt.co.uk - the 100 mm Sinar filters should be identical to Hitech 100 mm filters, or so I have been told.

Walter Glover
24-Sep-2003, 02:22
I contacted Formatt and they have returned a positve response saying they can make up the filters in a couple of weeks but they won't be branded Sinar — big deal!